It Was Forty Years Ago Today...

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Great posts you guys, what a tragedy that was.. Beatles and Lennon songs were all in the top 5,
I was Chéfing at the time at a posh club, and was prepping for a Christmas party for a company, barmaid came in the kitchen and told me.. utter shock.
Soon as the dinner was done, we closed the Club, all staff went to The Arriba Club further up the road.. Just us and their staff. We got absolutely hammered and blasted Beatles tunes thru' the system, around 1:am some cab drivers came in.. parked up for the night and also hit the top shelf. The whole city was deserted... such was the severity of his slaying.
Ended up in a Tandoori playing cards til' 6:am, drinking Brandy Alexander's.
( first time I'd experienced world Sorrow.)

E-Z

Reaction score
I heard on BBC radio about 2 months ago that apparently Mark Chapman is now sorry that he murdered John?. Cold comfort to Yoko and Julian Lennon and the thousands of John Lennon fans around the world.

The day John was murdered by Mark Chapman I was living in London (and still am) and John's death was on the television all evening into the midnight hour. Paul gave his 'what a drag' interview about John's death.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
All thru' Christmas and New Year.. albums soared in sales.. knocking the Police and The Jam off the spot. Then Bryan Ferry released Jealous Guy and Double Fantasy was everywhere.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online