It Might Get Loud

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Aren't most rock stars? :heheh: I'm not a huge White Stripes fan as far as music but on the other hand I don't care about the personalities either. If I'm enjoying what's hitting my ears I don't care if the band members have the social graces of *** Wee Herman! :oyea:

:lmao: True!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Just watched this and got to say BRILLIANT .. an insight into influences who,how,why and where. All three contributing some great stories showing different approach and technique .. no one trying to outstrip the other. Great stuff.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
The first two times I (tried) watching the movie, I got halfway through, and then had to do something else. So then, one night I successfully watched the whole movie on the Netflix website. And it was absolutely fantastic to see the viewpoints of three different guitarists in terms of style and technique.

But I also think it's unfair to say that Jack White was the 'star' of the movie. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all of them had their own seperate stories, and styles that were portrayed equally in the movie, in my eyes anyways...

I will also say that I am not the biggest fan of The Edge in the world, but the movie gave me an amount of insight into his views on guitar playing. Some of which I agreed with. But the person I most agreed with was Jack White, who I have always been a die-hard fan of. All three of his bands.

Anyways, I loved the movie a ton, enough, in fact that I ordered it off Borders.com, and I should get it in a couple days...

:D

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I have heard from a few folks that JW just gets complete diarrhea of the mouth about half way through and gets really obnoxious, which I can picture happening, can anyone confirm/deny this?

I know I'm a Jack White fan, but I honestly didn't get the feeling at all that he was in the slightest obnoxious.

I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary, all three came over as likeable, genuine (and humourous) people who are utterly passionate about their craft. It was interesting to hear their personal stories of their musical beginnings and how all the twists and turns of fate had seemed to conspire to help them shine. And hearing them jam together was the icing on the cake - brilliant :grinthumb

ecisgod

Reaction score
I really liked it...love Jimmy Page (obviously) and Jack White is a pretty cool and interesting guy. Not a big fan of the Edge,but I still really liked it!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online