1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Queen touring with the wrong singer?

Discussion in 'Rock Lounge' started by That 70s Guy, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Hydrazoic Acid

Hydrazoic Acid Cynic

It looks like not really correct example, because in both cases, mentioned by you, the bands has replaced their original singers to better vocalists (that's a fact, that Dio and Hagar were much better singers, than Ozzy and Lee Roth).

Obviously, that we wouldn't find the better singer, than Freddie, but singer, vocally similar to him will be much more adequate replacement, than such a misunderstanding as Lambert is.

And it's not the question about the high notes, that available to him in all Queen's songs, but it's about a fact, that he's just a schmaltzy pop-singer (without any hint to some kind of rock drive), and the timbre of his voice is absolutely don't fits to Queen's stuff.[​IMG]

2. Vader

Vader Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars

Yes, Freddie is dead .

3. joker1961

joker1961 Skaven Swear Runner

well I agree 100% Freddie is QUEEN!

4. AboutAGirl

AboutAGirl oh, be nice

Technical skill means less than nothing to me. The work that Sabbath did with Ozzy and Halen did with Roth will always be way more iconic than what the bands did after.

The fact that Lambert doesn't sound like Freddie is precisely why I like him as a pick, it encourages the band to tweak its sound. I find recruiting the closest facsimile to be disrespectful.