Is Nu-Metal dead?

Amirlan

~Amirlan~
Reaction score
it must die........hahaha lol

when i listen it i will angry a lot... it isnt good for me haha and not me... i never angry haha [i think...]

ishu161

Reaction score
hmm......not a popular genre....but i kinda like it....
:peek

i like linkin park a lot, metal or no metal.....maybe its coz i'm also a huge rap fan, but i think most of their early songs sound more or less the same, and those guys definitely don't know how to write lyrics, each and every song is just about " i'm going through this-i'm going through that".....they've mellowed out a bit now...

i've listened to Godsmack and Disturbed only a little....not too bad.....and i have no idea about slipknot, before reading this thread,i thought they were death-metal!!! :heheh:

Amirlan

~Amirlan~
Reaction score
hey dude,....

linkin park is not numetal.... grrrrrr

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

raprock,,

numetal bands example is::

-Sliknot
-Otep
-mushroomhead

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
What is Linkin Park...just curious. I'm like the resident metal dude here...I always thought that they had a Nu-Metal vibe. Where did I go wrong??

ishu161

Reaction score
well then what is it then?? :hurry:

MP is right...they do have a mellowed out nu-metal vibe, at least compared to bands like slipknot.....never heard of rap-rock, but i guess its the same thing......:tongue:

still,like i said....metal or no metal, i like linkin park!!:metal:

taha

Reaction score
to me it's like beer, you have to develop a taste for it, so far it still tastes like shit to me

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Are Nu-Metal bands the ones that use turntables to sample other music which they incorporate into their own?

Which bands do this?

:huh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is part of their style Hep, and if I'm not mistaken they also incorporate "Rapping" into their metal...not a fan of this genre at all, so I will bow out at this point and allow the experts to weigh in.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I like some Nu Metal bands.. Disturbed, POD, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Headstrong,Urban Dance Squad, And a band called Wednesday 13..But they are more punk Metal..

I like any music that is thick and heavy sounding.. The turntable samples are just added beats..
:oy:

ishu161

Reaction score
hmm.....this wednesday 13 stuff definitely isn't for me......
and i don't know if the bands use any other electronic equipment or the turntables for producing other sound effects, like spinning effects,loops etc.....coz most nu-metal bands rely on those effects...no guitar solos here :nw:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online