Is Elton John going to wrestle at Wrestlemania?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Elton John Challenged to Wrestlemania Match by Kevin Owens

Elton-John-Wrestler-Photo.jpg

The Venn diagram displaying wrestling enthusiasts and Elton John fans probably wouldn’t have much overlap, but a recent challenge could change that. WWE star Kevin Owens has taken to Twitter to light-heartedly express his displeasure after John had to cancel his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour stop in Orlando because of an ear infection.

"Nobody ruins my wife and I’s date night except me!" Owen says. "You, me ... WrestleMania. I’ve fought men in their 70s before, I can do it again."

In a second tweet, the Canadian-born wrestler said “the last time I wore red heart-shaped glasses for another man before tonight was on Jan. 12, 1996 at the Montreal Forum. I was 11 years old. It was for Shawn Michaels! I’m never wearing red heart-shaped glasses for another man again!”

This isn’t the first time Owens has stolen the spotlight from a musician. Earlier this year he appeared on stage at a Shania Twain concert, grabbed the singer’s microphone and hyped up the crowd.

As for this latest challenge, it seems unlikely that John will accept. Still, we can’t fully rule out the possibility. After all, his costume choices rival anything seen in the WWE. Besides that, he wouldn’t be the first Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member to appear at Wrestlemania, as both Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne previously participated in the event (albeit managing, not wrestling).

And who could forget Sir Elton’s impressive fighting skills, put on full display in the film Kingsman: The Golden Circle?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online