• Country.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Southern Rock.

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Both have good and bad points. Depends on which artist(s) you are speaking of. There's far more to choose from in country than there is in just "southern rock"'s subgenre.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Southern rock wins with compliments of the jury
Despite being in the Country portion of this Forum, you'd think that more people in this thread would've voted for Country over Southern Rock. Nothing wrong with Southern Rock at all but when we're in the Country portion (or Metal, Blues, '60s, '70s, etc...) of this Forum you'd believe that it would go that way or at least perhaps be half and half, ya know? Oh well.:bonk:

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Both have good and bad points. Depends on which artist(s) you are speaking of. There's far more to choose from in country than there is in just "southern rock"'s subgenre.
In a way, Southern Rock's like a Genre for fans of Country that aren't willing to admit it while also desiring a little Rock here and there. Some just flat out like it but I'm sure that there are also those people that are just too afraid to tell others that they like Country and it's "personality." It can also be said that Country just might be a little more emotional, yet wild.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like both genres, Country and Southern Rock depends on what mood I'm in so I'm not going to pick one over the other.

My favorite Southern rock band is ARS, Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers get the most acclaim but I'll take the boys from Doraville.:hab:

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
^ I used to focus more on Southern Rock and attempted to feel like Country was relatively an annoying Genre just because. As I grew up and became influenced by more and more Genres of music than one could even imagine here, I felt more relaxed, yet alive and interested in the Country Genre which I now believe to be a lot better overall now. It happens to now be a fact that Southern Rock actually is the somewhat annoying Genre with a lot less quality Bands/Artists involved in it. 2 out of 3 ain't bad but this is more along the pattern of 2 out of 300 ain't bad, yet that really is bad if you know where I'm coming from. Mix it up. To each his own.:****:

Fever

Reaction score
There really aren't many new Southern Rock bands out there -Black Stone Cherry is really good,They just did a tour with Skynyrd and Bad Company.Blackberry Smoke is okay,but haven't had huge success.Rickey Medlocke,formerly of Blackfoot and currently in Skynyrd,has formed a new Blackfoot with some young guys.Medlocke isn't in the band.

I don't care for the new country like Jason Aldean,Florida-Georgia Line and Kenny Chesney

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is no secret I am a fan of both.

I would have to say I am a bigger fan of the old traditional country.....outlaw country. I do like some of the newer country artists, the more popier artists like Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Dixie Chicks, Jason Aldean.

I do like the newer groups like Lady Antebellum, Big & Rich, Little Big Town, Sugarland.

My heart lies with rock music, though, so mixing rock music with the sounds of the south is like pure heaven to me. Therefore, I chose my favorite to be Soutnern Rock.........

O, by the way, you can visit my journals. I do talk alot about Southern Rock, blues rock, and other things south ;)

The South is Gonna Do It Again!!

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Fever

Reaction score
It is no secret I am a fan of both.

I would have to say I am a bigger fan of the old traditional country.....outlaw country. I do like some of the newer country artists, the more popier artists like Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Dixie Chicks, Jason Aldean.

I do like the newer groups like Lady Antebellum, Big & Rich, Little Big Town, Sugarland.

My heart lies with rock music, though, so mixing rock music with the sounds of the south is like pure heaven to me. Therefore, I chose my favorite to be Soutnern Rock.........

O, by the way, you can visit my journals. I do talk alot about Southern Rock, blues rock, and other things south ;)

The South is Gonna Do It Again!!

Do You Hear What I Hear?
I will definitely check out those bands.Thanks Magic

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.