• Country.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Southern Rock.

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
You decide. Do you like Country Artists such as Faith Hill, Dolly Parton, Shania Twain, Miranda Lambert, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood and Martina McBride better than Southern Rock or is it the other way around for you? Why do you prefer one Genre over the other or is there just one (or both, perhaps) that you just can't stand? Write about everything you feel towards these somewhat similar Genres here in this thread.:****:

Fever

Reaction score
Southern Rock easily

Oh and Shania isn't really country:grinthumb but a lot of what they call country music today isn't country(Taylor Swift)

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Southern Rock easily

Oh and Shania isn't really country:grinthumb but a lot of what they call country music today isn't country(Taylor Swift)
Actually Shania Twain IS Country but Taylor Swift and Darius Rucker (what a joke!) is not! Darius Rucker should've retired by now but he's trying too hard to be "Country." Shania Twain is good and Country. Taylor Swift is good, yet not Country. It's as simple as that.:****:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
You cant beat a good bit of Southern Rock...now and again . Country ? er I think I will pass

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
I prefer Southern Rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfoot, The Eagles, Molly Hatchet, Allman Brothers, ect.) over Today's Country... BUT if you meant Classic Country, I would have chose that, Classic Country is legends such as (Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, too many Country Legends and Unsung Heroes to mention :grinthumb)...

Personally, I feel like Country music went "South"/Bad in the 90's, I feel that in the 90's to "Land it Big" you either went Rock/Grunge or you went Country, and so it became really generic. From there, it "Snowball Effected", so to speak, into what I feel is today's "Music Debate" where you either go Pop/Rap or Country to make it big. Or in Taylor Swift's case you perform both, I am okay with her, I do not like her music, but she is doing what makes her happy, after all we are all human. I'm NOT saying that ALL of Country music is bad and again this is my personal opinion, it just seems that the good country songs are getting covered up by the crappier stuff. Yes, I agree with what Tom Petty said about Country Music, to an extent. All in all, I LOVE Music, but there are some parts of it I like more than others.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I actually like country more. A lot more acoustic guitars. There are few things I love more than a rough, raw tune pounded out on an acoustic guitar with a powerful band behind it. And country is full of that. Sometimes the acoustic guitar gets short-changed... it ain't just for ballads.

I have no problem with southern rock but it just never has been my forte. I enjoy those bands when I hear them on the radio but I don't listen to them of my own volition.

Fever

Reaction score
Actually Shania Twain IS Country but Taylor Swift and Darius Rucker (what a joke!) is not! Darius Rucker should've retired by now but he's trying too hard to be "Country." Shania Twain is good and Country. Taylor Swift is good, yet not Country. It's as simple as that.:****:

Have to disagree,but that's okay Shania isn't country and neither her or Taylor are good.But then again I am not their target audience

Kid Rock's last two albums are more country than Taylor Swift

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online