Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

He is an amazing guy, I am going to post a picture of him from another show he appeared in a few years ago soon, have to look through my library to find the DVD...:)

runtfan

Reaction score

Bruce Dickinson also very nearly made the Olympic fencing team one year ( can't remember which Olympics it was).

wolfsblood

Reaction score

Iron Maiden's video Run To The Hills was one of the heavy metal videos I remember seeing on MTV around 1982. Great song. In the U.S. Maiden has always had a loyal following, but it seems like in Europe they're right up their with Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd as one of the most popular bands.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I can't find the DVD I was talking about, maybe I never recorded it...anyway it was on a Discovery Channel show about the top ten tanks in history, and of all the people to show up in one of the last segments, was Bruce Dickinson. He got in a restored T-34 Russian tank and drove the shit out of it on the military range in England. Apparently he not only sings in one of the biggest bands in the world, and a noted fencer, and can fly an airplane, he also collects tanks and can drive them as well.

Truly a Renaissance man and I have a world of respect for him.

Next album coming up tomorrow.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Pressing onward, they released their follow up in 1981, titled Killers and it was the last record with Paul Di'Anno on lead vocals. I liked this one better than their debut, just seemed to be a stronger set of songs.

Genghis Khan.

Oblivion

Reaction score

Because you didn't mention the song killers ;-) I will !

Love this song.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

When I was first getting into any hard rock music at all Iron maiden was one of the bands I was exposed to but only because of their imagery. The "cool" cousin I idolized at the time introduced me to plenty of names of hard rock and metal bands that are mentioned all the time but I cruised through never ever listening to any Maiden music to this day! I just remember all the posters though! My next project is to finally give then a try and listen to all of these links in the thread! :grinthumb

wolfsblood

Reaction score

For those of you not familiar with Iron Maiden, check out the songs "Run To The Hills" and "The Trooper". Those two define the Maiden style.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

For those of you not familiar with Iron Maiden, check out the songs "Run To The Hills" and "The Trooper". Those two define the Maiden style.

The Trooper is one of my favorite songs by Maiden. :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

So in this course of classic rock 101, I think I can see why Iron Maiden is that well liked! They aren't something I'd rush out and buy but it was an enjoyable fun listen! It seems people can just get into it because it's very over the top and I don't know if this is the word I'm looking for but "theatrical" in some ways! If I got into this when I was younger I can picture I'd be screaming along in a high pitch whale and playing air guitar! My favorites out of all the links and videos are Fear of the Dark and Run to the Hills! I also liked parts of Killers particularly at the beginning!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online