Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

JudasPriestRocks

Hellraiser
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

I seem to recall Steve Harris mentioning in an interview that he had planned to do 15 Iron Maiden albums right from the start, and with The Final Frontier being the 15th, that it would likely be the last. Don't get me wrong though, I hope they stick around a bit longer too, most of the members are only in their early 50s. Maybe they will keep touring even if they stop making albums.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

So are you saying that you have seen something in writing that Steve said he plans to call it quits ? If so I would like to see a link to that quote.

I think people are just assuming because of the word "final" in the title.
The final frontier obviously refers to space and Maiden has had more then a passing interest in Sci Fi over the years so I am not jumping to conclusions.

If someone can provide a quote I might change my point of view.

JudasPriestRocks

Hellraiser
Reaction score

Yeah, I had seen it in an interview somewhere on the internet, probably a few months before the release of The Final Frontier. He mentioned that the Final Frontier could be (but he didn't say definitely would be) their last album. But, I can't find it now... and I just found a more recent interview where he says the exact opposite, haha.

Steve Harris: 'The Final Frontier' Won't Be Iron Maiden's Swan Song - Noisecreep

If Iron Maiden harbored any thoughts of sending their zombie mascot Eddie back to the grave after the release of their 15th studio album, 'The Final Frontier,' they've likely reconsidered following their recent run of sold-out arena shows and the chart success of the new album, which entered at number four on the Billboard Hot 200 this week.

"People are gonna think [it's our last album], I suppose, because the band has had a really long career, and who knows when it's gonna stop?" bassist and songwriter Steve Harris told Noisecreep. "But we don't feel like we're there yet."

--------

Good stuff...

taha

Reaction score

The Final Frontier came to be when they were at Nasa in the training Shuttle. Once they were all in they said they were awed at the machine, then one of them ( forgot who ) said "this is truely the Final Frontier", and it stuck........

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Well after reading JPR's post I feel much more confident about the future of Maiden, it's great the success of "Final Frontier" and the tour re-energized the band.

Good background story Taha, I believe you mentioned that before when we were all guessing about the significance of the album's title.

JudasPriestRocks

Hellraiser
Reaction score

Yeah, LG. I hope they decide to continue because I am yet to see them live. I could see them live here in Australia next month, but... the set list for their current tour doesn't really do much for me. Way too many newer songs, not nearly enough of the classics. I'm sure it would still be a great gig, but the set list was a bit of deal breaker for me since I would have to travel a fair way to see them. I missed the "Somewhere Back in Time" tour a few years ago, so I'm hoping they will do another greatest hits-style tour like that again in the future.

JudasPriestRocks

Hellraiser
Reaction score

BUT... having said that, I do respect the fact that they have the balls to play so much of their newer material.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns-Live At Abbey Road

Iron+Maiden.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The album Im working through at the moment. Where Eagles Dare was awesome.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

How did I not notice this thread, I love this band. I've gotten the opportunity to see them live, and I definitely took that opportunity. That was an amazing show. Bruce Dickinson sure knows how to perform.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online