Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

Lost track of this thread, but here we go picking up with Maiden after another personnel change, this time Blaze is gone and Bruce Dickenson returns to where he belongs, fronting one of the greatest metal bands of all time. And another guitarist joins the band Janick Gers, and Iron Maiden was back in top form. The only question left unanswered after a successful concert tour with the new line-up was capturing the renewed energy in the studio, and as fans waited in anticipation their patience was rewarded with "Brave New World". This was more than just a comeback album for the band, it also helped reaffirm metal's place in popular music after a period of criticism from media and fans alike. I don't know about all that, what I can say is this album kicks ass and belongs in every Maiden fans collection.

Brave New World.

Eddie is Back!

iron_maiden_eddie_bass.jpg

Harkat

Reaction score

Iron Maiden is coming to Australia!!!!!! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They played here with Dream Theater last summer, so I am sure you lot Downunder are in for a great concert.:tup:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

As has been mentioned before, it's the first concert they've done in Adelaide for a quarter of a century so I'm definitely geared up for it! :grinthumb

Dual

Reaction score

I find the first two Di'Anno Maiden albums far superior to anything they have released since then. I just think they have a unique quality about them, that you can really detect a proper Punk and Heavy Metal fusion. As Di'Anno's vocals and some of the arrangements and guitar tones feel very Punk (imo) but then it's definitely Heavy Metal music. I just think their is a very unique fusion of the two on those early albums that I just don't get that with anything else they put out with Bruce, it all feels too polished and 'big' and operatic.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^You are in the minority for sure Dual, but there are some other Maiden fans who feel like yourself.

Not me though, when Dickinson joined the band, that's when the "Magic" started, and I believe that D'ianno went on to have some success on his own after leaving the band so it all worked out for the best.

Dual

Reaction score

Yeah, I realise my opinion on Maiden is one of a small minority of fans.

I don't dislike the Bruce albums, I still own all of the 80's stuff upto Seventh Son which is all enjoyable Heavy Metal/NWOBHM. I just enjoy the Di'Anno stuff a lot more because of the previously mentioned 'uniqueness' it has.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online