Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

Lord Grendel, I must admit my friends getting me into Iron Maiden. But I really only listen to them, Megadeth and old Metallica.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Nothing wrong with any of those bands RS, and variety is the spice of life and music.:rock:

b.o.b.

Reaction score

I hope the new album will be released this year. I can hardly wait the new album.

T_Dude

Reaction score

I read somewhere that they had 5 or 6 songs written, so hopefully the wait won't be too long.....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Okay next in line, 1986's "Somewhere In Time". Some critics panned this one as the first below average Maiden recording. Die hard fans still gobbled it up and it sold very well even though it was evident the band was changing things up a little. Such as adding a synthesizer for the first time. Some complain it was "Maiden By Numbers", lacking in some spark or inspiration, I don't know about that, while it's not my all time favorite I still enjoy playing it and I Like the more polished studio production sound.(Hey the better sounding the songs the happier I am, been that way for over 35 years and I'm not likely to change now. For those who think sloppy/shoddy/thin is essential for a band to maintain their edge, I disagree strongly they are not mutually exclusive.:D)

Without further ado, Here's Alexander the Great.(The Critics roasted this one, but I like it.)

taha

Reaction score

Wasted Years is probably me and my sons fav Maiden song, w/ Stranger ina Strange Land 2nd. Awsome LP from start to finish.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was thinking of you when I posted this one Taha, I remembered you were all excited a page back, then I posted Piece of Mind. Yeah critics be damned it is a good record.:tup:

Oblivion

Reaction score

:) No doubt it's a good cd. I never knew critics didn't like it... :D I wonder why...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^They felt that Maiden was just "Punching the Clock", rather than making another great record. I find that funny, whenever a band changes something and it works they get praised for it, when they do something a little different and it's not appreciated they get some stick for it. The irony here is that "Turbo" by Priest tried the same thing and fans didn't like it at all, whereas Maiden did something similar here and their fans still liked the record.

I don't usually care what critics say, they are not always genuine and love to feel they Know more than you, when half the time they are being contrary just for it's own sake.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online