Introducing...Portugal. The Man

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Make sure to add a couple good tracks to classicrockforums radio! :grinthumb

Now that I look at it...it looks like I already added tons of their songs to the CRF's Songza. I must've forgotten. :heheh:

And for everyone's viewing pleasure; an a-MAZING performance of their song "Created". I actually like it more than the studio track.

John Gourley has such a nice voice. It's so delicately soulful. :flirt

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
You're welcome. :grinthumb

(In case you haven't noticed I'm doing quite a bit to try and earn this band some love on our board. :D)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Here's the song you commented on in my facebook. It's still my favorite thus far but it's a Sooty thing I think! :heheh::

Got It All (This Can't Be Living Now)

There is a good omen for this band I think. There is one radio station in my area (107.3) that is very very good about picking out new music that is going to be huge. The played "Rolling In The Deep" before Adele became a big deal in the states, both "Little Lion Man", "The Cave", and most recently "Roll Away Your Stone" from Mumford & Sons before "Sigh No More" became a massive hit, "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence + The Machine before her big breakthrough, and so on. I think hearing "Got It All" on 107.3 in my area is a great sign. ;)

(but I could just be reading too much into this)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Apparently a lot of Portugal. The Man's gear was stolen after their set at Lollapalooza. That's really rough. :/

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I bought a copy of "In The Mountain, In The Cloud" a week or so ago and I absolutely love it. When I listen to it I just smile because it feels like a whole lot of deep, good feeling music. I don't know if I can say for sure yet or not but it might be better than "The Satanic Satanist" that I've been praising this entire thread. ;)

Not counting "Got It All", "So American", and still my favorite track from the album "Sleep Forever" (all of which I posted already) here are a couple of my other faves.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Portugal. The Man made a trip to France lately to perform on a TV show there and they did a really cool cover of the Gnarls Barkley mega hit "Crazy".

MyTaratata.com - VIDEOS - PORTUGAL. THE MAN : Crazy

I don't like it as much as the original but I like the direction they took it. They worked in their own style and it even has a bit of a Muse vibe as well.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online