Internet Radio Has Vintage Radio Plus Mix of Free Form Rock

Javed Jafri

Reaction score
Ok so I am a fan of the old free form format and have run a site for several years with air checks of the old classic free form stations such as WBCN FM, CHUM FM, CFNY FM and more.

Also some classic rock air checks from the likes of WRIF FM in Detroit and Q 107 in Toronto. Some Forum members may enjoy the recent air checks I have added from WRIF from 1982 and 1985 and The WHO A to Z from Q 107 from 1980.

Most air checks are from the 1970's and 80's

Now I have also added a new feature. A radio stream that includes content from the old air checks and a mix of free form rock.

Please visit the site to listen to the old air checks and the radio stream:

The Radio Stream ( yes it's mp3 quality but I am working on improvements):
REC ROOM RADIO

The Web Site:
Let The Universe Answer

Rokuray

Reaction score
I miss the AOR FM radio of the late sixties and early seventies. I retired at the end of 2020. Since then I have been working on pulling together a playlist, I was amazed by the number bands I had never heard. I thought I knew just about everything as I grew up in that time frame (1956 DOB), I have to say I was wrong, wrong, wrong! Between the music I knew I found a lot of music that was very good. I put together a playlist of about 3500 tracks. Some of the bands I never remember hearing about like Steve Harley & Cockney band, Steve Gibbons band, Moving Sidewalks, Jerry Harrison, Marvin Welch & Farrar, Head Hand and Feet, Au Go Singers. to name a handful. .I found a lot more than that. I many of my friends ask me about getting copies of the tracks. So I found the Live365 radio site and opened a station with all the tracks. Started with only folks I knew, but I found a few other people that really liked the station. My only problem I now run through my allotted listening hours. I have been spending some bucks buying buying additional hours. I need to monetize the station, but then I would need to get businesses to sponsor hours a day, I am reluctant to do so, since it limits how much music I can play an hour. Live 365 inserts 120 seconds of advertising an hour, It does break up the smooth flow of music. 60 seconds twice an hour is not excessive, but I would like to keep the station running without additional sponsors, The Live 365 network carries the station (Tampa-Bay-Radio). if you get a chance to listen I would love any feedback from folks here as I think they really know their Rock & Roll,

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online