1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imagine going to college...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by SloopJohnB, Mar 3, 2017.

1. SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB Senior Member

...and seeing these "people" in your classroom, invited. Good Lord...

I guess it could be a lesson in what not to do with your life.

2. SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB Senior Member

BTW I don't hate Shirley for her beliefs, in fact I admire her for her passion, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me one bit if two men in white coats showed up during one of her lectures and took her back to the "home" for people who have lost touch with reality.

I guess this is the other side of the coin...

:)

And Frank Zappa has the final word...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    SanguineRemedy likes this.
  3. Kui

Kui Hey look, it's Freiza!

I only went to college for one year but these people came and protested abortion rights and the morning after pill. I was walking to class minding my own business and the hippies unwrapped condoms and threw them at the protesters. Then one of the indoctrinated six year olds they were forcing to hand out bibles tried to hand me a christian bible. I told him no thanks, I am Jewish and don't believe in that, and he kept doing as he was told and forcing it on me. Then I told him I was the devil and had to get to class and to go back to his parents.

They are crazy but by posting the youtube link you are just putting their message out their more. There are a lot more serious people to worry about than wbc and they have pissed off the combat veterans of America and the rest of the bikers. Not good for one's health.

I'm starting a charter jet service for people like that. It's like you know what you don't like women or gays, lets send you too iran in usa flag hot pants and a mesh tank top and see what happens. They'll hang you publicly from a crane, that is the punishment for being a homo in iran, and many are executed in this way for this "crime".

That is what we are headed too in the west. People want to blame politicians, celebrities (little difference imo), the economy, religion, but no one wants to look at the man in the mirror and say you know what? All the strife and divisiveness in this world, it comes from inside. We let it happen and blindly pay taxes and vote and the drug war and the foreign wars drag on and on forever.

"Hmmmm, whats that Jim, you want peace, we got to sell these guns and bombs"

What that experience at college taught me was that the hippies were too far on the left (throwing rubbers at people who had kids present) and the protesters were too far on the right protesting abortion and indoctrinating children with political lies. And I was in the middle trying to go to class and learn something, what an idiot, no wonder I never got a degree.

In America it seems the christians like to dictate policy over others and push their views on minority religions, such as westboro baptist church. However, I am much more concerned with muslims sawing off heads in 90% of armed conflict on the globe. In muslim minority areas they scream about their rights and in muslim majority areas minorities have no rights! It's insane, to want to leave a place that is a living hell, to go somewhere better, and use the same theocracy you fled to turn your new home into the same dump you just escaped.

But that's what's happening to our world, and we only have ourselves to blame. The clintons and bushes and obamas and trumps and the situation we have, that is a result of us and what we have let happen to people morally in the usa.

I'm conservative. I vote that way because of several crime and security related issues. But the right is wrong on the social issues. Baskin Robins has 32 flavors of ice cream but when we vote for government we get to pick two parties, one or two.

American's need to double down on freedom or it will be gone in a few years, unless you make the right contributions and are very lucky.

Remember the Panama Papers?

Sorry this is so long I'll stop just thought the topic was interesting. Not meant as flame bait please I don't want to be taken that way these are my personal beliefs and I don't wish to force on anyone just I like the topic and it's interesting to me.

Fingers crossed : please no pc butthurt :D

4. SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB Senior Member

On a positive note, here is a very recent video from one of Shirley Phelp's daughters who left the church, Megan, telling her story....

P.S. - I posted the original video because I was surprised to see them actually invited to a college to speak, and I found Shirley Phelp's explanation about how their pickets started out as them protesting against a problem at a local park in Topeka, KS very close to their church to be interesting. I did learn some things about them and their motivations that I never knew, and that was helpful in trying to understand them better.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  5. Kui

Kui Hey look, it's Freiza!

I am more cynical and not into that, to me they are a nuisance that protest the funerals of people who died in the military. Have whatever view but don't mess with people's funeral, some things are very low blow. Now the bikers surround the veteran's family to protect them when wbbc shows up.

It's the good and bad thing about America is you can believe whatever you want even if it's harmful to others. All the nazi's and people who print such material do it in America, because of free press.

I think they are a minority wbc but lots of crazy people everywhere of all religions and some crazy athiests. Regular people who just want to live and be left alone in peace are never in control because such a chiller isn't interested in control or fundraising. Only someone on the left or right wings would seek out career politician status and I can't believe that's a thing that the people accept.

I think most in USA are more concerned with making ends meet than wbbc or politicians or any of these things we can worry about but ultimately, have no control over and have to overcome.

6. SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB Senior Member

I'll end this thread with some footage from 2009. Not much more to say except I feel bad for the kids in the video, and hopefully they will smarten up with age and leave too...

:pullhair:

7. OldHippie

OldHippie Resident Yooper

These clowns have to be the biggest waste of oxygen on the planet.

8. temperance

temperance Junior Member

Yeah haha, my granddad was telling about meeting Miles Davis, man it must have been awesome. He tought him how to do an essay fast , that was hilarious. I think Miles wanted to go to college at that point or something

9. Sonja-Erica

Sonja-Erica Junior Member

Lol, the only weird thing I faced with in college was when I asked for help with my math homework my mate, but, as I found out later, she also used service for college help. And we were joking about our cheating and that if teacher will find out, college will provide some lessons about sins with the baptists as a speakers.
    Well, it wasn't so far from reality, right?
    It's hard for me to imagine such classes at out college.

10. Aero

Aero Senior Member

I don't have time to watch the whole video. What is the point here?