Illegal Music Downloading

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
greetings-from-new-jersey-500x320.jpg

Looks like a nice place to me too MP.:D

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Well, I'm not really a big supporter of the digital age (although my qualm is more over the digitalization of books than anything else), so I would like to say that I don't download music...but I do, a lot.

I always prefer to have a hard copy of things, whether it be literature, music, film, or art, but downloading is just so convenient sometimes. It's a great way to experience music before you buy it. I'm poor, so I would hate to end up wasting my money on a record that I don't like when I can hear it for free on my computer first. Plus, it's kind of hard to upload a vinyl album onto my computer to put on my iPod, so why should I have to buy the same album twice just to have it in 2 different formats?

As for the theft thing, a comedian, one of the writers for The Office, recently put the whole matter in these terms..."The way they did it was they were like, 'You wouldn't think of stealing a purse, would you? You wouldn't think of stealing a car.' And I was thinking about that as I was watching it, and you know what? I would steal a car--if it was as easy as touching the car, and then 30 seconds later I own the car. And, like, I would steal a car if the person who owned the car got to keep the car." I can't help but agreeing with this view...A lot of artists seem to be ok with illegal music downloading. After all, they're already being robbed blind by the record labels. As LG said, if the labels would actually, you know, take care of their artists, then we wouldn't have an issue here to begin with.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I will just never ever buy the idea that if you have a computer, you are on the site, all the songs are a click away that you will go " well, if i like a song ill put one on my MP3 player, then go buy the cd "

This happens a million times a day, dude. It's simple as pie: some people like to check out a record before they buy it. But they like to own a physical copy of it. It's an incontrovertible fact that this occurs.

I'm sure not everybody who says they do that, actually does it. But there certainly are people who do that. There are probably people on this board who do that.

Mr. T

Reaction score
Well I won't read through all 42 pages of this so someone may have said this before but here's my thoughts. I owned and ran a warez forum for over 2 years. I both uploaded and downloaded tons of files for 2 reasons. 1) To share music with ppl that they might otherwise never be exposed to and 2) to discover new artists myself.

Now personally, I prefer to own the hard copy but at the same time I don't want to drop 10-15 bucks on something without hearing it. If I like something I download I will go buy it because as I said I enjoy owning the hard copy. If I don't like it then I delete it and no harm, no foul as I see it. My 2 cents...

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Now personally, I prefer to own the hard copy but at the same time I don't want to drop 10-15 bucks on something without hearing it. If I like something I download I will go buy it because as I said I enjoy owning the hard copy. If I don't like it then I delete it and no harm, no foul as I see it. My 2 cents...

This is exactly what I do. If I want to hear an album, I generally download it first to get the feel for it, and if I like it, i'll buy a physical copy. I don't delete music if I don't like it though, because who knows...in a couple months, i'll give it a listen again and I may end up liking the album. But I prefer to download before buying, saves me money.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with you, TUИEZ. No harm, no foul.

With all the bands I have been exposed to, and some of them are obscure bands, not only is it difficult to find some of these in local record shops, but some are almost impossible to find unless you download. (or want to pay a huge import price)

I find it very nice to be able to download and evaluate an album, then buy it. I like having all the booklets and such that comes with the hard copy :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I always knew there was more to TUNEZ than he was letting on...Owned his own forum in fact...:D

I agree with your philosophy especially when it comes to OOP and deleted albums, someone has to keep them alive.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online