Illegal Music Downloading

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
My panties aren't in a bunch at all. Just point out stealing.;)

You say you support the bands you download by going to their shows and buying their mechandise. Great! But what about the ones who don't do that? The ones who just download music for free, burn discs...whatever, and never buy a thing from the band or artist? Are they stealing or not?

I don't consider it stealing never have and never will. Morals are subjective and laws are built on so called morals. Record inustries were just mad people found away around their overpriced albums that do not even give the band most of the profit. So they made it a law for it to be "illegal" to download full albums, but yet they play singles over the radio and do not make you pay for the use of a radio when the singles are played.

I just find it funny how people are still sheep in this situation and try to side with the indusrty that rips the artist off.

Also IDC what others doe quite honestly. Their life not mine.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Wasn't sure.:D

Downloading for free is alright as long as the songs are there legally or with the owner of the song rights permission. I'm actually kind of surprised that someone who's a musician would back illegal downloading. I guess I'm just not understanding your reasoning on that.

It gets the music out there. Shows and other merch is where you make your money.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^ Rips the artist off? Sounds like the artist needs to get a better management team and cut a better deal. Record companies have been doing their thing for a long time you'd think that bands/artists would get wise and hire better people to represent them.

So-called morals?:wtf: By chance are you an anarchist?:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Youtube to me is like AM radio,,,the quality is not good enough for anything but a cursory listen. I know how to take songs off there but have never bothered I have no interest in doing so. That is also what lead to many labels taking their content off Youtube which lead to many forums like ours ending up with a bunch of dead links to replace if possible.

I have enjoyed the give and take in here so far, for me I have no remorse finding lost treasures and getting them anyway I can, keeping all time classics or specialty labels best works alive and sharing them with other audiophiles, they are all OOP now, your only other option is e-bay or one of the other 2nd hand sites.

People have always shared music, from going to parties and each of you bringing your new albums, borrowing one from a friend, making a cassette copy if you couldn't afford to buy the record at that time. And even though I don't listen much anymore FM radio is still there if you want to record from it, it's a little below the 128kbs quality of an MP3 but some people don't care about that.

In 10 years or less all this will sort itself out, I would make one suggestion to all the people involved in the decision making sequence of this complicated issue, at least have the intelligence to find people that know a little about the internet, downloading, software and the philosophy of today's generation before making up another set of useless unenforceable laws.

End of rant.;)

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
^^ Rips the artist off? Sounds like the artist needs to get a better management team and cut a better deal. Record companies have been doing their thing for a long time you'd think that bands/artists would get wise and hire better people to represent them.

So-called morals?:wtf: By chance are you an anarchist?:D

Who cares if I am or I am not?

They are ultimately a group that has unlimited resources and have like you said been doing it for years and have pretty much perfected screwing people over. Nice to see it happen to them now and they have no clue how to stop it nor can they.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I knew you were joking RE, and yes CN is a "rebel anarchist",,,I was going to say from hell but he's closer to New Jersey...:D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^ I just met a guy from Jersey Thursday and he said it was awesome...couldn't wait to get back.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online