Iconic song battle! Lizzy vs. Aero

Which song is better?

• Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town (1976)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Aerosmith - Back In The Saddle (1976)

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

E-Z

Reaction score
I wasn't to familiar with Back In The Saddle so I gave the Rocks album a few listens yesterday (Back In The Saddle is the lead off track on the Rocks album) and it's ok although a bit of an odd opening track on an album from the boys usually bands kicked off with a up tempo track but I prefer Thin Lizzy's The Boys Are Back In Town.

Last edited:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Love Thin Lizzy...But Aerosmith here takes it, if it was Dancing In The Moonlight i`d be :dunno:

E-Z

Reaction score
With regards to The Boys Are Back In Town it was a song waiting to be written by phil Lynott about being part of a gang and 'hanging with the boys' which would have appealed to Phil along with it's loose 'wild west/cowboy' connection in the title it goes nicely with The Cowboy Song which is also feathered on the Jailbreak album as well in 1976. With regards to Dancing In The Moonlight which is also featured on the Jailbreak album I have also liked that song since first hearing it back in 1976.

Live in concert the band would perform the Cowboy Song and at the end of it go straight into The Boys Are Back In Town!!.

Back In The Saddle is a 'solid rock song' and 'plods along nicely' and quite a few on here appear to like it.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online