Iced Earth (Official Thread)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I really like it a lot. I'm much like you a huge hardcore fan and while I do consider the first Matt Barlow era to be the cream of the crop along with the Stormrider album I like all of their albums to some degree or another. My least favorite would be TGB . I love Horror Story though when it first came out I was just slightly let down. That however has changed.

The Stu Block era has been a shot in the arm for Iced Earth, IMO. I've really enjoyed all three
icluding The Plagues Of Babylon. Where I rank Incorruptible at this point is hard for me to say. Iced Earth is one of my favorite bands so when I say it ranks behind most of Matt Barlows work that doesn't mean I don't hold it in high esteem. Quite the contrary. ..

Incorruptible may take my top position in my albums of the year list ...I like it that much.
Where it falls in my Iced Earth overall rankings is still a question that will take more listens to determine.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new album is better than everything else in the last 10 years imo.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Jon got together with Gene Adam, Bill Owen & others to record 5 tracks written between 85 and 86.

Released as Jon Schaffer's Purgatory there are 2 tracks out on youtube. Definitely an old school vibe and Gene sounds damn good.

Dracula

In Your Dreams

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Is it only available in vinyl? I have not seen it anywhere other than in that format. (Not that I've looked that hard).

It's available on both vinyl and CD. I don't know about the US, but Century Media, who released the album, have pretty good distribution in Europe, but I have noticed that some of my local stores have the only vinyl and not the CD, although the CD is not supposed to be limited. Worst case scenario, you can definitely find a copy online.

I've got the EP on vinyl and it's really good. Not necessarily a future classic, but definitely worth getting – especially for IE/Jon Schaffer fans/collectors.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Listened to Incorruptible earlier tonight. Hell of an album. I did notice something about it though and I even had to look through the songwriting credits to see if they gave credit where it is due (and they didn't). The only songwriting credits that I see is just Schaffer.

The song The Veil is almost a direct rip off of Loverboy's When It's Over (during the chorus for both songs)

Loverboy - When It's Over (starting at 00:50)
I hope you're with me
I hope you're with me when it's over
I hope you're with me
I hope you're with me when it's over
You won't be lonely
You won't be lonely when it's over
You won't be lonely (you)
When it's over

Iced Earth - The Veil (starting at 00:57)
I know you'll feel me
I know you'll see me
When it's over
My one and only
You won't be lonely
When it's over

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11