Death Certificate - 1991
The Predator - 1992
Lethal Injection - 1993
War & Peace Vol. 1 (The War Disc) - 1998
War & Peace Vol. 2 (The Peace Disc) - 2000
Laugh Now Cry Later - 2006
Raw Footage - 2008
I Am the West - 2010

Ice Cube thread! Haha I had to do it! Where do I start?? Born and raised in South Central, Los Angeles, Ice Cube is among the most influential artists in the hip-hop community. He and others are credited for originating Gangsta Rap. He's been in a couple of groups but I think the most notable is N.W.A. even though he was only in the group from 1987-1988. He Went solo after leaving N.W.A. and has been extremely successful in his endeavors ever since. In closing, this cat is one of my absolute favorites. I've been listening to Ice Cube for at least 13 years and in no way am I ashamed of that. Give the man a chance, you might find something you dig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I'll step up and say Hell Ya to Ice Cube.. As far as rap stars go.. I've liked what he's done.. But if you followed the whole NWA thing then you know they all have credentials..
My favorite listed here was "Check Your self"..
Ice cube isn't your average Player.. He's went on to star in several movie roles..
Much respect for the man..:grinthumb

Reaction score
I'll step up and say Hell Ya to Ice Cube.. As far as rap stars go.. I've liked what he's done.. But if you followed the whole NWA thing then you know they all have credentials..
My favorite listed here was "Check Your self"..
Ice cube isn't your average Player.. He's went on to star in several movie roles..
Much respect for the man..:grinthumb

My man haha. Nice to see someone else here who recognizes his talent. I totally follow N.W.A. and most of it's solo acts. Eazy- E, MC Ren, Dr. Dre, and of course Ice Cube. DJ Yella and Arabian Prince I didn't follow as much as the others though.

If you liked "Check Yourself" then I think you'd like stuff off of Lethal Injection (my favorite album of Cube's next to "The Predator"). Regarding his film career, I think my favorites have to be "Boyz 'N' the Hood", and the "Friday" Trilogy for sure.

Props to you for checking the thread out thumper

:cheers2

Reaction score
Ice Cube is amazing. While with NWA he wrote most of their lyrics including the other members lyrics.

He is really amazing IMO. nice thread man.

When I first heard he wrote the majority of everyone's lyrics while in NWA my respect for him just went through the roof. He's probably my favorite west coast rapper next to snoop dogg.

Thanks for checking it out man.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
You already posted my favorite Ice Cube track It Was A Good Day! It's a smooth track with some dark humor! Here's a cool fun one I haven't seen listed! Anythings funkier with George Clinton! :grinthumb

Bop Gun (One Nation)

Terra812

Reaction score
Straight Outta Compton was an awesome album! Westside Connection Bow Down just awesome too!!

One of my favorite tracks... The Gangsta, The Killa and The Dope Dealer
I love how the first verse is the Gangsta, second The Killa and third The DD

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Not a huge fan, but I do appreciate some of the NWA stuff and a few solo tunes.

I'm sure die-hard Ice Cube fans would shun me for this one, but I could care less.
I absolutely adore the Eye of the Tiger remix of "We Be Clubbin'" with DMX

Non-official video... and anyone with sensative ears (F'bombs) best not listen.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really like My Summer Vacation. Now this is the good rap, I like this stuff. A lot of modern rap I absolutely despise but this is the good material.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online