Ian Paice Vs. John Bonham

Pick

• Total voters

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Been watchin' alot of Purple..and everytime I see Paice do The Mule I freak out as if it was the first time. Thought it would make for an interesting poll, and even I have to think about this one for awhile.

The Mule : IAN PAICE

Moby Dick: JOHN BONHAM

Last edited by a moderator:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Two great drummers, I always preferred Ian Paice though. But I can't vote against one, so I'll pass.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Hard poll right?? I'm still holding mine off until I think about it for awhile

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I prefer Ian as a drummer and I like his solo more too. I've always thought "Moby Dick" was always pretty overrated in general.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Bonham is okay, but Ian Paice is underrated, as demonstrated by his jazz-rock work with Gary Moore. So, I voted for Paice.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I thought Paice was technically the better, but not as distinctive as Bonham, Bonham's drumming was what made the Zeppelin style/sound almost as much as Page's guitar and arrangements/production, whereas Purple wouldn't have sounded that much different IMO than they did if they's had any other great drummer behind the kit, but I'll give in to Paice. I sometimes get yelled at for making sweeping comments about drummers, one guy once almost sent me death threats when I suggested that Ringo Starr wouldn't even make my Top 500 drummers from Liverpool. :)

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
Dammit! I only noticed that we were voting on the drum solos after I already cast my vote! So I voted based on the overall impression... it was a close match because Paice is technically better but Bonzo has so much character in his sound. So I voted for Bonzo. Some other reasons were also that Zep are my favorite band and Bonzo influenced virtually every rock/metal drummer after him. But it wasn't a big difference.

Also if I had voted for just the drum solo Paice would have won :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online