• Ian Paice

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Bill Ward

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
It's easy sometimes for Ian's drumming to get lost under the powerful vocals, ripping guitar work, and top shelf organ playing but he an absolute BEAST behind the drums. Just listen to his work on "Burn" and you'll know just what I mean.

He is all over the place in the best way imaginable. :grinthumb

Now IMHO Opinion, that song is played WAY too fast.. On my turntables I can slow it down.. It sounds so much better.. :heheh:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Ian Paice, sorry Bill, but you lost some of good drumming skills due to alcohol. :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Now IMHO Opinion, that song is played WAY too fast.. On my turntables I can slow it down.. It sounds so much better.. :heheh:

I plugged it into my audio editing program to slow the tempo down (by 15%) just so I could see how it sounds and after doing so I have to say that my opinion is unchanged. I love the energy of "Burn" and by slowing it down the riff and vocals sound sluggish and the song loses much of it's luster for me. But we are all entitled to out own opinions. ;)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Two excellent drummers.... masters even...got to go for Sabbaths Bill Ward :bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online