Huey Lewis and the News (Official Thread)

travis92x

Reaction score
Re: Huey Lewis and the News

Huey has been in a couple of episodes of the TVLand sitcom Hot In Cleveland(starring Valerie Bertinelli and Betty White)

i saw it in the commercials when they were advertising the episode i was like "WHOA, its huey!" :D

woulda been cool if his band had perfomed on the show

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Not sure how popular it was elsewhere, though I always enjoyed "Perfect World" from when I was a kid, I haven't heard it since then though :D The Brass to me makes the song stand out, but I really like the change they go into when they go into the Chorus. :D

And here's a complete cut of the song for those who don't want to see the "Tip" cut. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have a vinyl copy of Sports, but haven't listened to it for decades.

Of all the Huey Lewis and the News songs I've heard, my favorite is still "The Power of Love" from the first Back to the Future movie...or at least that's where I heard it for the first time.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
A HUGE one for me and friends growing up in the fabulous eighties.Along with "Purple Rain","Born in the USA" ,Madonna and "Cyndi Lauper's "She's So Unusual",tunes like "If This Is It","Heart of Rock and Roll" and "Heart and Soul" provided a wonderful soundtrack for my teenage years.Combine all this with the magic of MTV and there we had something really special going on...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^ THAT'S my favorite song too LG...and I'm not sure if it's cause of the movie or not :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
A HUGE one for me and friends growing up in the fabulous eighties.Along with "Purple Rain","Born in the USA" ,Madonna and "Cyndi Lauper's "She's So Unusual",tunes like "If This Is It","Heart of Rock and Roll" and "Heart and Soul" provided a wonderful soundtrack for my teenage years.Combine all this with the magic of MTV and there we had something really special going on...

:grinthumb

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
Fever said:
Sports and Fore are good albums
FORE is excellent but SPORTS sounded like crap.... (I had the record which was mixed by Bob clearmountain digitally -- SOUNDS QUITE THIN,etc)

I LOVE Fore though!!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online