1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to put a Grooveshark Song bar in your posts.

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines' started by Magic, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Adding a Grooveshark song bar to your posts

Step 1. Go to Grooveshark and search for the song . You don’t have to register, but it is free!

Step 2. Once you have a list on grooveshark containing the song you want, right click on the song to get a menu.

[​IMG]

Step 3. Scroll down to “Share Song” and another menu will pop up. Select "widget" from this menu.

[​IMG]

Step 4. Now you have the widget for the song. Copy the entire embed code from the widget into notepad or word because you will have to find the song ID in this code.

[​IMG]

Example: <object width="250" height="40"><param name="movie" value="http://grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf" /><param name="wmode" value="window" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&songIDs=7809830&style=metal&p=0" /><embed src="http://grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="250" height="40" flashvars="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&songIDs=7809830&style=metal&p=0" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="window" /></object>

Step 5. The song ID is in RED in the above code.

Step 6. All you have to do is copy those numbers in RED and paste them in the grooveshark tags.

EXAMPLE:
    [grooveshark ] 7809830 [/grooveshark ]

Now I am going to remove the extra spaces to get the Song Bar.

[grooveshark]7809830[/grooveshark]

I have made a small button in your post reply window to make adding the tags easy. The button looks like this [​IMG]

If you have any problems adding a Grooveshark song bar in your posts, just send me a message and I will help you.