How do you arrange your CD collection?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tracey and Odysseus are the same as me, my music collection must have order, otherwise it's like trying to find one book in massive pile, which just won't do.

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
I do mine alphabetically and then chronologically. For example my Deep Purple collection is nestled between Charlie Daniels and Rick Derringer. Then I put the albums in order of thier release. Shades of Deep Purple, Book of Talisyn, etc. Just wondering.

Same here :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
My collection is arranged a little haphazzardly but I know where everyone should sort of be.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^All I can say is :eek: Tomcat.

There is no way I could keep track of all my CD's if I didn't have them organized, it really is not an option for me. Same as my books they are in alphabetical order by author, I don't like spending time looking for things myself.

Rocker440

Reaction score
Mostly chronologically from earlier to later releases. Although I keep some favorites close at hand that tend to receive both more attention and spins, too! :heheh: :mn:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
All like brand new...in bookcase styled CD housing units and bookshelf units as well.

A to Z and in chronilogical order...

Except for The Beatles collection which is seperate as well as in chronilogical order...box sets seperate in alphabetical order...

It works out well though the collection covers 2 floors of my home. :heheh:

Abraxas

Reaction score
In alphabetical order with each artists' releases in chronological order.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
currently? eeek

vinyl-alph but first sorted by rock(anything not classical or jazz is in rock),classical, jazz
cassettes-in shoe boxes deep in the closet
cds-eeek!!!!!! first 100 I bought are in alph in two towers
next 1500 in two storage racks sort of alpha
since then all over the place- a box or two, stacked from floor to about 4 feet in two or three columns, a few under my computer, a few on my desk, a few on my shelf, a few in my storage room. yeah basically everywhere. This has really gotten out of hand and I'm moving in the fall so I've got figure out what I'm going to do. I've got roughly 3500 cd's helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

cds-I've got three 200 cd binders full of bootleg live cd's too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online