How do you arrange your CD collection?

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
I have my CDs in two rooms. The living room has everything from 1970 to the present. It's almost all rock and it's organized in no order whatsoever. In my music room I have have everything from 1920 to 1969 meticulously organized alphabetically and then chronologically with all genres mixed together.

Spike

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
so...
if you want to hear "Crosby Stills and Nash" you go to the music room and if you want to hear "Deja Vu" you go in the living room?

whatever works!

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Mine is extremely scattered in one of those Black Wal-Mart travelling pack thingies.
The only time I really used my cd's was when I was working "on the road" from 2000-2003 and needed something to play in the rental cars I was driving.
No wonder there's all old cd's in thar!

mojoman

Reaction score
About two years ago I moved everything to a music server. The physical cds are stored on book shelves. With the computer I can sort them any way I want, by artist, year, genre, etc. I like this arrangement a lot.

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
Alpha by artist, then by album title. I'm quite anal about it and I get on my husband all the time for doing stuff like putting Pink Floyd under "F". Moron.

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
I have all my albums on my computer. I do actually buy the album, though. I am probably one of the few teenagers that actually does that. My friend takes all my CDs after awhile. He gives me free rides, so I don't complain :D.

I have arranged my dad's CDs. I went alphabetical for the artists name and album title.

Foggy Hat

Reaction score
I take all my CD's out of the cases, and put them in a CD binder in the order that I buy them. That way all the Cds are together at all times and i dont have to destroy my room to find them.

For a person of my age i have a very impresive collection, with over 90 Cds.(all classic rock)
I've learned not to lend them to anybody, because when their fathers see them, I dont get them back for months.

Last edited:

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
I had like 18 CDs when I was 15. Then came Christmas and all I got was CDs and I used all the money I got to get more CDs. Now I have about 200 albums. I spent too much money on music these past 6 months

EDIT: Just counted them, I have 216 albums, anything else on my comp is either from my dad, my close friend or my big brother.

Last edited:

Rapid Fire

Reaction score
Alphabetically and Chronologically by year of release. I keep my CD's seperated from the CD-R's which I keep organized by the same method.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online