Register to remove these ads

How awesome is this?

Discussion in 'Music/Concert DVD 's' started by runningshoes, Apr 7, 2013.

1. runningshoes

runningshoes Great White North

One of the best openings to a show I've ever seen. Deyoung's vocals are unreal and this was the last show of the tour. Tight....jesus murphy!!

2. LG

LG Fade To Black

Styx toured here supporting "Kilroy Was Here", I didn't go but many of my friends did and they all said it was the Loudest concert they ever attended.

As far as being a tight band goes, I've always considered them top notch musicians but personally I felt the last great Styx record was Pieces of Eight, after that they lost something.

3. That 70s Guy

That 70s Guy Naughty Naughty Staff Member

I have this dvd great show!

4. wintersaltsf

wintersaltsf Junior Member

can you please tell me where I can avail the DVD for this music concert???

5. TheSound

TheSound An Englishman in New York

Great band, great show, and yes, they are 'tight' both instrumentally and vocally - I always thought they were a better live band than studio band, saw them twice, one time on that tour they did with Kansas and Foreigner. Haven't watched it all yet, but this YouTube show here is impressive, they've had some ace songs over the years.

6. wintersaltsf

wintersaltsf Junior Member

Rocking show with powerful instrument and tightly vocally. it pulled great stars to its shoulders.

7. Jake T

Jake T Earth-bound Misfit

I own that DVD as well, and it's a rockin' performance. Use to buy concert DVDs all the time before YouTube. The music companies probably didn't want to hear that. :)

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  8. gguerra

gguerra Senior Member

I saw Styx live back in May of 2012.. It was not exactly the same set list but similar and the tour was called the "Midwest Rock N' Roll Express" Great show overall with Styx clearly putting on the best show. REO was good, Nugent was "Meh". I do have the 'Return to Paradise" DVD as well as the newer "The Grand Illusion / Pieces of Eight- Live " DVD. IMO the latter is the better DVD.

If you have Satellite TV (Dish) they are currently showing the "Grand Illusion" show on Palladia. Not sure about cable or DirecTV

Amazon.com: Styx: The Grand Illusion / Pieces of Eight- Live [DVD / 2CD]: Styx: Movies & TV