Horslips (Official Thread)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Re: Horslips

It's years since I listened to this song but I found myself singing along to it - you never forget the words to a song you really liked :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Took me a while to find, but I now have two Classic Horslips recordings in my possession, "The Tain" widely hailed as a conceptual masterpiece and "Happy To Meet, Sorry To Part". I will finally get around to playing them tomorrow, but I just wanted to Bump one of my buddies threads for now.

Setanta, Maeve's Court, Charolais

Horslips-TheTainJapan-Front.jpg

Horslips-TheTainJapan-Back.jpg

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score

When I first became aware of the Horslips, around the time of The Tain, they were marketed as a combination of American rock and traditional Irish music. This was a good way of describing them. Dearg Doom from The Tain was played by Alan Freeman several times on his BBC Radio 1 Saturday Rock Show. Soon after, I saw them live several times and they never disappointed, despite sometimes being second billed to inferior groups. I have heard most, if not all, of their albums and I cannot think of a weak album. My favourites are The Tain and Aliens, so I would recommend them both. However, Aliens seems to be quite difficult to find on CD - I've still got the cassette!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I have been meaning to play some HORSLIPS for a while, so a bit of a thread bump for this very underated and unfashionable band.
This track is epic !! :grinthumb

Man who built America

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
Another band I need to add to my "need to revisit" list. I have these on vinyl...

The Tain - 1974
Dancehall Sweethearts - 1974
The Book Of Invasions - 1976

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great to see all the Horslips fans coming out of the woodwork, in my wy world it is full of these bands and they are playing live sets all the time...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online