Hey

volunteerofamerica

Reaction score
Hi,

I desperately wanted to find a classic rock forum (because current music stinks! ;) ) but the first one that came up on Google only let 18+ members register, so I hope this one doesn't have the same age limit. (I'm 15.) I LOVE everything about the 1960s, except the substance abuse because that took away my Jim Morrison...I love the 60s groups--The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Sly & the Family Stone, The Byrds, etc...even some of The Beatles. I don't like the Stones at all, though; I can't stand Mick Jagger in particular, partly because he had the nerve to call Morrison a bore and said a lot of bad things about Patti Smith when she came out with "Horses." (Mickey was just jealous he didn't have the talent of these two poets!)

I like the 70s, too. Patti, as mentioned, and Lennon. Oh, I forgot to mention that I like Sandy Denny, The Mamas & the Papas, Dylan...I only like the 80s for Roxy Music & Bryan Ferry, although I don't like 'em quite as much as my dad does. (My dad, BTW, is the coolest dad ever. All of the artists I like all because of him.)

Yeah, I like music. And politics. My main thing is politics--I want to be an anarchist. I'm a big fan of the 60s radicals. I got that interest from my parents, too. I'm probably the only 15-year-old girl in this country who likes the same things her parents do!

So, that's me...I like to make a big introduction of myself in forums. I kinda wanted to join a rock forum today of all days because my grandmother passed away and I'm shaken by it and wanted to take my mind off it. Well, see you around and I promise all of my posts won't be this long and self-centered!

Kaoz

Reaction score
0052-patti_smith_02.jpg

Oh yeah, the grandmother of punk, Patti Smith.
None of the current crop of wannabees nowadays are even close.

Good choice of music, and welcome.!

Patti~Smith.jpg

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Welcome to the board! Nice to see young people who appreciate the classics. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.