Hey from Miami, Florida

Georgefrommiami

Bringing rock to Miami
Reaction score
Hey, I just started listening to rock, im 12 years old, and i mainly listen to Ozzy Osbourne and Bon Jovi. If anyone has recommendations, I'd love to hear them. I'm actually listening to "It's My Life" right now
:wank:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
12 years old, that's close to the same age I was when I started getting into music.:cheers:

Welcome aboard Georgefrommiami.

Georgefrommiami

Bringing rock to Miami
Reaction score
Thanks, I want to be kind of a loner at school but people don't leave me alone sometimes and it gets on my nerves. I don't mind it, but I don't like it either. I try to be most like Jon Bon Jovi as I can. So what artists do you listen to?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Welcome to CRF. Good to see younger people listening to the likes of Ozzy and Bon Jovi. Lots and LOTS of good rock acts from the 80's that I"m sure you will discover and enjoy.

Georgefrommiami

Bringing rock to Miami
Reaction score
Thanks, although I am kind of at war with my family about it. My dad thinks Ozzy is some sort of Satanist lunatic, my little sister hates rock of any kind, my big sister likes One Direction and Justin Bieber (uh), and my mom just doesn.t like them

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Ozzy is far more of a clown than any sort of satanist. He's foul mouthed, rude and crude, but I think that the VAST majority of his earlier stuff (either with Sabbath or his solo career) was done for shock value, and it worked.

A couple of songs on his Bark At the Moon album did reflect this a bit as I think he was trying to tell close minded folks that they really were overthinking his position as a rock star as well as his on and off stage antics... Most specifically in this first song (check out the lyrics to see what I mean):

Ozzy - Rock and Roll Rebel

Ozzy - You're No Different

And for the record, it doesn't matter what your sisters listen to. We're all different and like different things. Let them enjoy what they like and someday they may grow out of pop music into something else. Or they may not.... but as a father I have to tell you, it's better to let your siblings enjoy their own stuff. Take playful jabs at time to time but don't be too serious about giving them too much grief.

;)

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Lot of good stuff Here all the way from the late 50's to---Well now with new stuff from ZZTop&Rush,Check it all out.
Welcome to the show George:dude:

Nora

Reaction score
Welcome George! I'm Nora from Spain.

You have good taste. Ozzy is awesome! My favorite album could be ''Blizzard of Ozz''. Randy was a beast on guitar!

See ya around here!

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Welcome, George! If you like Bon Jovi, so try to listen a band from Germany, called "Jaded Heart". They have many melodic songs in the same style.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online