Hey everyone!

Sean Hunt

Guitar is my gospel, I preach with my picking hand
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've visited this forum a few times throughout the years when my searches have brought here, but I've never posted before. Since discovering The Beatles when I was 10 or 11, I've been obsessed with studying and listening to classic rock. Well... more honestly, it's been in phases and I've gotten back into it heavily again over the last year as I've been studying Argentine Prog rock from the 70's and a few other things that have been really interesting to me lately.

I'm only 32 and over 15 years or more of telling my peers to listen to better music, I've been thanked by practically strangers at this point for the impact I've had on their life for helping them discover better music than what we are typically exposed to. I've also wanted to get into YouTube for a really long time because I'm an entertainer at heart and feel my personality could go a long ways on that platform but I would always think, "But what is my expertise? All I really know is stuff anyone has access to." But the fact is that there are people born every day that don't know who Simon and Garfunkel are, and even those who have been listening to Simon and Garfunkel for 40 years may never have heard Bert Jansch. If that's you, don't worry! Bert Jansch simply isn't exposed to everyone! Though, if you're in the know, you know that Jimmy Page sure had been. Haha.

Anyway, obscure jokes aside, after constantly wanting to watch/listen to simple quick explanations of some of these South American bands I've been listening to yet finding nothing, it has eventually dawned on me that perhaps my calling is to make little mini-docs that explain why people should not let a lot of these obscure bands go forgotten. So now I'm posting weekly recommendations of bands you may not have been exposed to, though at the times I think I need to slip in more popular music like Simon and Garfunkel, for instance.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone who visits these forums takes some interest in my quick educational videos about incredible bands and perhaps you guys could direct me to a spot in which I may be welcome to post my videos? Of course, I like creating discussions around them, I like to ask if people have heard of the band and if so, how, and what are your favorite tracks or albums by the band. I really believe this could end up being a lot of fun and prevent us all from getting stale in our listening habits. Please let me know what you think, I'd love to make some new friends here! Thanks for taking the time to hear me out!

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Hey Sean, your idea on short videos sounds fantastic. You would have to navigate around the forums and place them in the correct place if there is an existing thread, eg. Led Zeppelin in the Led Zeppelin thread. If you look through the forums you'll see that there are a lot of really obscure bands already mentioned. Then there are the Best Forgotten bands of the 60's and 70's threads.
Welcome to forum. Hope to see you around a lot.

Sean Hunt

Guitar is my gospel, I preach with my picking hand
Reaction score
Hey! Thank you so much! I see you've been posting here since 2013. Pretty cool. I was into forums around that time but didn't really stick with it as much as I likely would have enjoyed. Music projects are thankfully what mostly got in the way though! No regrets!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online