Here's 40 Shillings on the Drum...

scullzz

40 Shillings on the Drum
Reaction score
Hello!

New here, I've read through the guidelines but if I've missed something and should alter this post, then just let me know and I will.

I'm in a new, folk-rock band called '40 Shillings on the Drum' from the Brighton area and although we are new, we take a lot of influence from classic songwriting styles and heart, hence why I'm posting in this classic rock forum.

As we are just starting out and independent, I love to hear different people's opinions on what we are doing so if you fancy a listen to some new music, I've posted a couple of links below.

For those familiar with the band name, it is taken from John Tam's take on the classic 'Over the Hills and Far Away' folk song. My Dad used to watch Sharpe when I was younger and the words just sort of stood out for me.

The band are doing alright in the local scene and have a lot of plans to spread our wings over the coming twelve months. I'm happy to share more information about the band but I'll leave it at this for now, in case it's not peoples thing!

My friend edited together some live footage of the band to put alongside our song, 'Brighton Belle' and this can be seen on the following Youtube link -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWzkwReTICg

'Brighton Belle' is one of the more traditional sounding folk-rock songs we do, and whilst we are keeping that style up, we are naturally evolving and trying out new things all the time whilst keeping that folk-rock heart. We won quite a big event in Brighton with our first gig last summer, and the competition funded some time and a video in a studio. Here's the link to the result, 'Everyman', this one has a bit more of a rock edge to it. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TNvIFP4ijU

Thank you for reading anyway, and I hope you enjoy what you hear. Feel free to leave any thoughts, constructive criticism or love in this thread! You can find the band on all the usual social media.

Love & Rum,
Dan Scully
40 Shillings on the Drum

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online