Hendrix covers - Eric or Stevie?

Little Wing by Eric or Voodoo Chile by Stevie?

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I think to be fair, this should have been Little Wing vs Little Wing (Clapton vs SRV).

For me, that would be a no-brainer as Stevie took Little Wing and made it his own... he did with Jimi's Little Wing what Jimi did with Dylan's Watchtower. He crushed it. He owns that song IMHO. I like the Derek+Dominos version, but it doesn't hold a candle to SRVs.

Since that's not the matchup, I will STILL take SRV over Clapton's Dominos. Stevie's rendition of Voodoo is beyond incredible. He kept true to the song yet inserted it with a vial full of steroids and a bottle of the blues. SRV is probably my most missed musician that has passed on... taken from us WAY too soon. What an incredible talent

(and that's not to say one bad thing about Jimi or Clapton in this thread, both are among the most influential guitarists of all time for a reason)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Have to go with Stevie in this battle.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I think to be fair, this should have been Little Wing vs Little Wing (Clapton vs SRV).

For me, that would be a no-brainer as Stevie took Little Wing and made it his own... he did with Jimi's Little Wing what Jimi did with Dylan's Watchtower. He crushed it. He owns that song IMHO. I like the Derek+Dominos version, but it doesn't hold a candle to SRVs.

Since that's not the matchup, I will STILL take SRV over Clapton's Dominos. Stevie's rendition of Voodoo is beyond incredible. He kept true to the song yet inserted it with a vial full of steroids and a bottle of the blues. SRV is probably my most missed musician that has passed on... taken from us WAY too soon. What an incredible talent

(and that's not to say one bad thing about Jimi or Clapton in this thread, both are among the most influential guitarists of all time for a reason)
I thought about THAT matchup but changed my mind... Great instrumental but it is an instrumental.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online