Hello from TheSound

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Hi there,

Wow, this looks like quite a forum, so thought I better just say hi.

I live in the north-west of England, UK, in a village about half way between The Beatles and Van der Graaf Generator (that would be Liverpool and Manchester) I grew up in the city of Preston.

Without giving away too much detail, I am 45 years old and married, and we have three children, two boys aged 10 and 13, and a 11 year old daughter. My wife is actually American, and all our children were born and raised in the USA, I worked and lived in Washington DC for about 17 years between 1992 and 2009, when we came back to live here in England. We came back here because my wife is a professional 'classical' musician, and she accepted a position in one of the leading professional symphony orchestras here in the north west of England. My taste in music is very wide, ranging from classical Mozart and Mahler, to headbangin' Metallica and folksy Joni Mitchell, I also like some folk, C&W, jazz, and blues, though I have a real love of classic-rock above everything else. Like I expect most of you guys, I have way too many favourite bands/artists to list them all, but we could just mention Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Peter Gabriel, Tom Waits, Eric Clapton, Supertramp, Metallica, The Eagles, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Black Sabbath (up to Ozzy leaving anyway, hated pretty much everything they ever did after Ozzy) Genesis (up to the 'And Then There Were Three' album, totally hated everything they did after that) Jethro Tull, Joni Mitchell, ELP, Deep Purple, Pearl Jam, Hendrix, Van Morrison, Tom Petty, Rush, AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, U2, Yes, Bob Seger, Journey, The Who, Uriah Heep, many many more, but anyway you get the general idea, probably the same thing applies to most of you. There aren't all that many 'rock' bands who I actively hate, it's all good, though I have to say that Muse are far more fake and pompous than I can physically/audibly stand, they just sound to me like a bad Queen tribute band, and the singer clearly has a serious Thom Yorke man-love thing going on (sorry about that Muse fans!)

For me, Zeppelin and Floyd are up on one level... and everybody else is on a different slightly lesser level.

I'm a sort of 'stay-at-home' dad right now while our kids are at that age, my wife works weird hours and she travels quite a lot with her job, so right now I work part-time from home where I help my two brothers out who run an online exporting business, I basically just keep their accounts in order while they do all the hard work LOL. We'll probably end up going back to live in the US one day, but for now I am loving just being 'home'. I'm also into sports, I'm a huge baseball fan (GO Baltimore Orioles!) also football/soccer, fan of Preston North End FC, who play in the English 'Championship' division.

OK, that's about it for now. Looks a pretty amazing forum, so I will try to support it and join in as much as I can when I get time.

See you all around.

'TheSound'

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
About an epic intro as I've ever seen The Sound! :bow: I'm expecting great things from you after that intro but no pressure! :D Seriously hope you continue to enjoy yourself here and can't wait to see your contributions in the forum! :grinthumb

P.S. LOVE your avatar! :grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
About an epic intro as I've ever seen The Sound! :bow: I'm expecting great things from you after that intro but no pressure! :D Seriously hope you continue to enjoy yourself here and can't wait to see your contributions in the forum! :grinthumb

P.S. LOVE your avatar! :grinthumb

Thanks man! I'd like to claim that she's my mother, I think she's been armed like that ever since the idiot Sex Pistols were nasty about her, about 35 years ago, I think she's still around so won that particular argument :D

I'll try my best to live up to your very demanding expectations!!

Cheers.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thanks man! I'd like to claim that she's my mother, I think she's been armed like that ever since the idiot Sex Pistols were nasty about her, about 35 years ago, I think she's still around so won that particular argument :D

I'll try my best to live up to your very demanding expectations!!

Cheers.

:heheh:

You'll do fine! I have a hunch! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I can't stop thinking of that 70's Show episode...

This is JERRY THUNDER on THE SOUUUUU-ND!

curtis-armstrong.jpg

Harkat

Reaction score
Hello TheSound :grinthumb

"Without giving away too much detail" [proceed epic intro]

Hope you post like that all the time! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Very nice intro! I look forward to reading your posts :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online