Hello From A Wee Scots Rocker

Denzil Dexter

Reaction score
Hi Denzil, very nice to meet you. Hey, we're almost neighbours!! Me and my family currently live in Lancashire, in a village about halfway between Manchester and Liverpool, and I was born and grew up in Lancashire, though most of my adult like I have lived in the USA, but I've been to Blackburn many times, even saw a couple of concerts there at the King George's Hall as a youth (Roy Harper was certainly one, I think the other was probably New Order, but they all sort of blurred one into the other in those days! ) I imagine the isle of Bute is quite beautiful and incredibly peaceful, so I won't ask what made you leave there and move to Blackburn!!) Anyway, enjoy your time here, let's hope it's quite a while yet before the poor old vicar at the church/crematorium has to start looking for Skynyrd and UFO albums!! :uh:

Lol King Georges still is a favorite haunt for some bands especially on the warm up tours prior to A big tour!
Ex Soldier married a local lass so decided to stay.
Bute is a beautiful place indeed but the world is your oyster as they say and being of part irish background theres a bit of the gypsy in there somewhere.
Been to the States once with the military ,spent 6 months there at Fort lewis near Tacoma and went to SEATLE for a blow out took in some Rock at NIRVANAS old haunt the cavern I it was called?
Anyways a great City really upbeat.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Welcome to the show that never ends Denzil...:cheers2

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Hi there! A big welcome to you! Just trying to think, is Bute near the Isle of Arran? Stunning part of UK :)

Denzil Dexter

Reaction score
Hi there! A big welcome to you! Just trying to think, is Bute near the Isle of Arran? Stunning part of UK :)

Yes indeed it's in very close proximity indeed.
Like most costal areas in Scotland it has a pretty bad drug problem...:)you just cant grow the shit in our climate):pullhair:
The magical mushrooms grow in abundance around the golf courses though :grinthumb

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Why thank you :cheers2

Seen Bon Jovi in 89 at the Milton Keynes Bowl on the NEW JERSEY tour...
They were excellent Sambora was on fire though SKID ROW were awful.
Vixen and a suprise visit and beatles cover by Steven Tyler made the whole thing complete.

Bon Jovi is excellent in concert...and I love the New Jersey album! :grinthumb

Denzil Dexter

Reaction score
A favorite of mine from one of the most underrated UK bands of all time.
The melodys ,songwriting and musicianship of Magnum are up there with the finest IMO.

Magnum - Les Morts Dansant - YouTube

Powerful video.

What a waste.........

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online