Reaction score
Hell+logo.jpg

Hell-Band-1.gif

Hell Official Website
Hell on Wikipedia

Studio albums
Human Remains (2011) Nuclear Blast
EPs
Save Us From Those Who Would Save Us (1983) Self-financed by the band and released on their own 'Deadly Weapon' label
Save Us (2011) Nuclear Blast
Demos
Hell (1982)
Scheming Demons (1982)
Demo 1982 (1982)
Demo 1986 (1986)

I just discovered this band a couple of weeks back, band formed in 1982 but due to long hiatus they eventually did reunite in 2008.
They are an English heavy metal band, a reviewer on youtube called coverkillernation actually introduced me to this band thats how I found this group.
They released an album in 2011 called Human Remains.
Song from this album.

Current Members
David Bower - vocals (2010–present)
Kev Bower - guitar, keyboard, vocals (1982–1987, 2008–present)
Tim Bowler - drums (1982–1987, 2008–present)
Andy Sneap- guitar (2008–present)
Tony Speakman - bass (1982–1987, 2008–present)

I love what I am hearing so far, this band is promising :D
M

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great stuff ! Ive mentioned this band a couple of times in the "LOUs A-Z of NWOBHM " thread and like you RiffRaff are rather excited by their new material.
The original HELL had the mis fortune in losing their talented vocalist ,who sadly commited suicide. As far as I know they only made 1 single " Save us.." which promised so much !
So when I heard the band name HELL being resurrected I was pretty gobsmacked....the man behind it ? Andy Sneap ex SABBAT guitarist.....who was a massive fan of the old band.
Now that HELL are having some recent success ...eg playing metal fest "Bloodstock" only last week......it makes a SABBAT reunion less likely.:uh:
A good friend played some tracks from the HELL album in the car the other week Sneaps guitar work was amazing !! :cheers2 Another album to buy ...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great stuff ! Ive mentioned this band a couple of times in the "LOUs A-Z of NWOBHM " thread and like you RiffRaff are rather excited by their new material.
The original HELL had the mis fortune in losing their talented vocalist ,who sadly commited suicide. As far as I know they only made 1 single " Save us.." which promised so much !
So when I heard the band name HELL being resurrected I was pretty gobsmacked....the man behind it ? Andy Sneap ex SABBAT guitarist.....who was a massive fan of the old band.
Now that HELL are having some recent success ...eg playing metal fest "Bloodstock" only last week......it makes a SABBAT reunion less likely.:uh:
A good friend played some tracks from the HELL album in the car the other week Sneaps guitar work was amazing !! :cheers2 Another album to buy ...

Awesome to see another Hell enthiusiast :D
I am keen to see what this band is made of, hope they continue to build on what was a solid first release.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
.....and here it is the original single on the low budget DEADLY WEAPON records. I have held this rare 7 inch record in my hands . I borrowed it from a drummer who was in HELLs singer Dave Hallidays previously named group RACE AGAINST TIME. I wish I had bought a copy...grrr never mind :bonk:
If you dig deep there is also early demo tape recordings of HELL...sound quality is very poor.
Love the re-recorded version of "Save us".. obvious.better production etc. I hopefully will see this band soon as they are relatively local to us. :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Nice post, Riff. I'm a huge Andy Sneap ( as a player and producer ) and Sabbat
fan, which originally drew my attention to this band. They were going to make my 2011 list but you have beaten me to the punch my friend :cheers2

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice post, Riff. I'm a huge Andy Sneap ( as a player and producer ) and Sabbat
fan, which originally drew my attention to this band. They were going to make my 2011 list but you have beaten me to the punch my friend :cheers2

No problem, glad to see some people have been listening to this band :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^ Nice, I was thinking that the line up sounds like it has a lot of Doom Metal bands supporting ( judging by the monikers ). Your band sounds pretty Doomy and pretty awesome :grinthumb

EDIT : I guess that's why the festival is called Dublin Doom Day huh ? lol missed that somehow

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good tune Visions of the past...:cheers2..wish you well with the gig.Makes me curious to check out other bands on the bill too.
It would be cool for you to repost here again on HELLs performance .Looks a great evening ! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online