He'll Never Walk Alone.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah I remember Gerry And The Pacemakers when they had there chart hits in the UK in 1963-64 along with that other Mersey group Freddie And The Dreamers mind you I was only 6-7 years old at the time. Groups like Gerry And The Pacemakers and Freddie And The Dreamers had pretty much gone out of fashion in the UK by 1967 as rock music matured and the early underground rock scene was starting.

Last edited:

Frands

Reaction score
Very nice Frands my friend.. They were origi NNenally called Gerry and the Mars Bars.. as the chocolate factory was near them... but they feared copyright... Sad start to 2021.

Thanks Nai! Gerry and The Pacemakers was a very popular band here in the town where I am now in the 60s & 70s. The meaning of their song
"You'll Never Walk Alone" has maybe not that much to do with football from the beginning, but something else.

E-Z

Reaction score
During the British football hooliganism of 1970s & 1980s (something that I wasn't apart of as I didn't support or go to football games) I believe I did hear the song line Your Never Walk Alone corrupted to Your Never Walk Again when chanted by opposing fans.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
During the British football hooliganism of 1970s & 1980s (something that I wasn't apart of as I didn't support or go to football games) I believe I did hear the song line Your Never Walk Alone corrupted to Your Never Walk Again when chanted by opposing fans.
Spot on E-Z and Everton sang "with soap up your arse"... as opposed to "hope in your heart".

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I've had a few moments mate.. never scrapped but I made a citizens arrest on a youth that hit a Dad in front of his 8 year old Son.. and was threatened at Stoke City ground.. summoned up the peelers and he and his gobby slag were in the meat wagon.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online