Heaven and Hell

Foggy Hat

Reaction score
Have you heard about this?
Turns out Ronnie Dio is coming back to front "black sabbath."
But out of respect for Ozzy, they have changed the name to Heaven and Hell, after their hit that they made with Dio. They are expected to start touring soon.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
It's official. What I can't understand is what on earth led Tony Iommi to sell the Black Sabbath name to Sharon Osbourne in the late 90's. She certainly is a shrewd businesswoman to pull that off.

Last edited:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
TeleCat said:
It's official. What I can't understand is what on earth led Tony Iommi to sell the Black Sabbath name to Sharon Osbourne in the late 90's. She certainly is a shrewd businesswoman to pull that off.

Yeah that sucks. I can't believe it happened.

They should definetly be called Black Sabbath.

Does this mean that Ozzy could play with anybody and call it Black Sabbath, since they own the name?

If it really is out of respect for Ozzy then that is awesome, but if it's for legal reasons then that's not cool at all.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Ooh I just happened to fall onto this site, Black Sabbath Online (not official but looks reputable). According to an anonymous official source (take it with a grain of salt), Tony Iommi still owns the rights to the Black Sabbath name.

Perhaps Dio & co want to play more to real metalheads than the mainstream which yeilds lots of Sabbath fans.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online