Happy Thanksgiving

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone...

Count your blessings, and safe traveling to everyone who travels the roads and highways to Grandma's house or whoever is hosting your family's Thanksgiving Day feast!

:cheers2

frFXz.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to my southern friends, enjoy the feast, the time with your family and count your blessings.

:cheers2

turkey_dinner.jpg

Fever

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving.

I have to work from 6AM to 12pm then it's food and football the rest of the day.:grinthumb

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
I tend to avoid my family for Thanksgiving, because a) they're disgusted with the atheist of the family for politely opting out of saying grace; and b) they're disgusted with the vegetarian of the family being ... well, vegetarian.

Heavens.
How did I ever get a family so ass-backwards, intolerant, and ... (I apologize for this) super-American?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have a twinge of sympathy for you Lady, but you are in an impossible scenario with that one. Still make the best of it and try not to get into any fights if possible...:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Well there you go, you finally got some good luck and have something to be thankful for.

Congratulations I know you have been frustrated for a while now.

:cheers:

Harkat

Reaction score
I dont mean to sound like a complete idiot here,
but what is Thanksgiving and what does it entail? o.o;

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends :cheers2

Harkat:

Wikipedia said:
Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada. Traditionally, it has been a time to give thanks for a bountiful harvest. While it may have been religious in origin, Thanksgiving is now primarily identified as a secular holiday.[1] It is sometimes casually referred to as Turkey Day.

In Canada, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday in October, which is Columbus Day in the United States. In the United States, it falls on the fourth Thursday of November.

The precise historical origin of the holiday is disputed. Although Americans commonly believe that the first Thanksgiving happened in 1621 at Plymouth, Massachusetts, there is some evidence for an earlier harvest celebration by Spanish explorers in Florida during 1565. There was also a celebration two years before Plymouth (in 1619) in Virginia. There was a Thanksgiving of sorts in Newfoundland, modern-day Canada in 1578 but it was to celebrate a homecoming instead of the harvest.

Thanksgiving Day is also celebrated in Leiden, in the Netherlands. A different holiday which uses the same name is celebrated at a similar time of year in the island of Grenada.

I think it means it's a good day to eat Turkey... :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online