Gwyn Ashton.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Born in Wales in 1961 his family migrated to Adelaide Australia in the sixties.
I first saw him in my local boozer and my older brother snapped up his cd's. We were blown away. From then he has gone from strength to strength.
Prohibition

Awesome.:cheers2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never heard of him before now Sox...I'll look around for that album you posted.:hab:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Another sample LG .. I just like his way.:cheers2

Yeah I think he's great Sunny and you are right he puts me in mind of Rory
too.:grinthumb

Faded Memory

Top stuff.

E-Z

Reaction score
I haven't heard of this guy for some years now but at onetime he actually use to play a regular pub gig just down the street from where i still live in a pub in north London (England) called THE TUFNELL PARK TAVERN back in the mid-1990s.

For those that don't know anything about this guy he's a white guy about 50 or 51 years old who was born in Wales but him and his family emigated to Australia in the 1960s, anyway his musical style is blues/rock and his BIG musical-hero is RORY GALLAGHER.

Gwyn even use to look like RORY GALLAGHER (he did in the 1990s and may still do so?) with long shaggy hair wearing a check workmen's shirt playing a Fender Stratocaster just like Rory use to. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

E-Z

Reaction score
The cover photo of this guy's new cd (i've forgot the name of it?) is a bit weird to say the least??.

A Welsh born guy brought up in Oz looking like the late great Rory Gallagher with a simular face, hair and everything else holding a battered strat just like Rory's old 1961 battered strat use to be sitting in a chair looking (at you) with a with a weird look on his face?.

The music inside well you probably guessed it is heavy blues/rock just like you know who's use to be?.

All in all a Rory Gallagher clone who's making a living off the dead Irish guitarist?.

So if you are missing Rory check this guy out!!.

And if you ain't missing Rory then keep WELL AWAY!!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Yeah there's plenty of Rory in there and that's not a bad thing IMO. If like me you can accept what's going on then you're in for a good night of blues rock. If his style being too much like his hero will offend you then maybe not. For me this guy puts on a good show and yeah I miss Rory.

Ball And Chain

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
He is wizzo Sox, plays round here quite a bit, must catch him in Nottingham with his blues army...

Outside woman blues

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online