Gunsmoke blues - Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner, George "Harmonica"

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
A favorite late night blues set.

During a production hiatus of the popular TV Show "Gunsmoke", the film crew decided to take off and film a barnstorming blues revue making it’s way across the country and they ended up in Eugene, OR with cameras rolling to film Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner and George "Harmonica" Smith as they performed in a music hall.

1. Big Mama Thornton - Early One Morning
2. Big Mama Thornton - Ball And Chain
3. George "Harmonica" Smith - Juke
4. George "Harmonica" Smith - Leaving Chicago
5. Big Joe Turner - Hide And Seek
6. Big Joe Turner - Shake, Rattle And Roll
7. Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
8. Muddy Waters - Long Distance Call
9. Muddy Waters - (I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man
10. Muddy Waters - Got My Mojo Working
11. Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner, George "Harmonica" Smith - So Long
12. Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog
13. Big Mama Thornton - Rock Me Baby
14. Muddy Waters - She's Nineteen Years Old
15. Muddy Waters - Walking Thru The Park

JimJam

Reaction score
These stars are in fine form and having themselves a great time! Big Mama Thornton knows how to shake that booty as she belts it out, Big Joe sounds like his usual buoyant self and Muddy is in fine form. I also enjoyed the scene of Muddy talking in the car about his upbringing. Great upload, Phil B.!

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
@JimJam Yeah, it's a fun set. I have seen bits and pieces, but never the entire set. Good blues with performers in their prime!

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Blues blues blues

A favorite late night blues set.

These stars are in fine form and having themselves a great time! Big Mama Thornton knows how to shake that booty as she belts it out, Big Joe sounds like his usual buoyant self and Muddy is in fine form. I also enjoyed the scene of Muddy talking in the car about his upbringing. Great upload, Phil B.!

@JimJam Yeah, it's a fun set. I have seen bits and pieces, but never the entire set. Good blues with performers in their prime!

@phil.B and @JimJam fabulous musicians and the songs are so cool ooh yes

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online