Register to remove these ads

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy (2008)

Discussion in 'Album Reviews' started by Cosmic Harmony, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Wanted Dead Or Alive

Wanted Dead Or Alive Messenger Of Music

Re: Chinese Democracy ~~~ Guns N' Roses

It's a fantastic album! This I Love is one of the best ballads ever and in my top 5 GNR songs...

2. LG

LG Fade To Black

I have nothing but respect for all your opinions, but in my view Chinese Democracy remains the most disappointing album release in the last decade plus. Sorry it has nothing to do with my antipathy for Axl Rose which is also well known, but the build up and the hype for this release was almost unparalleled and it did not live up to it on any level.(As I said earlier in this thread, Axl should not have used the Gun's n Roses name for this record, then he would have been judged on his own merits not the legacy of his old band.)

Appetite for Destruction remains their masterpiece and I have a copy of that one.:grinthumb

3. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT! Staff Member

Are you talking disappointment as in how others have rated it, disappointing sales, etc. or a disappointment as in you got a hold of the album, listened to it in it's entirety and found it disappointing?

4. mystic fred

mystic fred Member

The development of a band or artist is a journey - after 28 or so years Axl could hardly measure up to G'n'R's "Appetite.." could he?

Just take "Chinese Democracy" for what it is, a finely crafted rock album from a star that still glimmers with more to say and hopefully will glow a little longer..

5. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^That is exactly why I think he should have used his own name and not the old bands, otherwise Mystic Fred you are bound to get the comparison, after all they are both G 'n R albums...well in theory.(I don't think I am the only one who can't help but compare works by the same band, it is human nature after all.)

No one will convince me on this issue, I am not an Axl fan and never will be, and as I said I have their masterpiece already and that is enough G 'n R for me.

6. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

I listened to some songs on this album, I dont dislike it because of others views, I dislike it because I just cant get into it like the other Gunners albums, I think it is a pretty average album.

7. gabriel cash

gabriel cash Senior Member

why do crappy albums get more responses?

8. Hardnecker

Hardnecker Senior Member

I don't consider that Guns and Roses. It's an Axl Rose solo act. Sorry, It's how I feel about it.

9. wolfman321

wolfman321 Junior Member

Considering the time scale it took to produce until we got the finished product, i was a bit disappointed by it. Don't get me wrong, i have loved G 'n' R's since their beginning and there are some good tracks on it, but..... it is lacking in some way.........maybe 'Slash' ?

10. LG

LG Fade To Black

I feel the same way myself.