Guitar Solo

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Guitar solos are usually the meat of the song for me. If there's no solo, there's definitley something missing for me!
The great ones are the ones you can sing or that you can run through in your head without missing a beat. Like Pink Foyd's Time or The Eagles Hotel California. They melt into the song and seem like they were meant to be there.

Someone posted Mother by Pink Floyd which I think is one of Gilmour's best and most underrated solos. Excellent choice!

Even though I love Rush to death, I've never been a fan of Alex Lifeson's guitar work persay, but his solo on Natural Science rocks my socks!

Another unlikely one is The Car's It's All I Can Do

I know there's more. I just can't think of them right now.:)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I hate guitar solos that shows the ability to play technically perfect (that also means I can't stand Joe Satriani or Steve Vai), if the song is very catchy, fast and exciting then I am expecting from the guitarist/keyboardist something can both the musician and listener enjoy.

Here are two perfect examples of what I mean, brilliant solos by Box and Hensley.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
When Page hooked up with Rogers with the band "The Firm".. Page did this song that I consider a sweet solo..@1:45

Nothing special... just a interesting sound that Page is well known for doing..

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Nice one Slip'.

Eric pulls off this big Otis Rush number really well, one of my faves from the Clapton school of blues guitar. Excellent.

:bow:

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Kee Marcelo is my go-to guy for guitar solos. Melodic, emotional, yet technically amazing and not bland or boring:

Whenever I compose a guitar solo, I follow this guy's philosophy.

My #2 guy? Mr. Paul Gilbert, of course.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online