Register to remove these ads

Greta

Discussion in '2010's Music' started by Hurdy Gurdy Man, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Hurdy Gurdy Man

Hurdy Gurdy Man Senior Member

Finally got around to giving a quick listen to Greta Van Fleet after hearing so much about how they sound almost exactly like Led Zeppelin.INDEED!Quite impressed here.Everything spot on right down to the lead singers' uncanny Robert Plant impressions,including Plant's physical stage movements.All without going to the point of shameless ripoff.BRAVO!!

Cozy 4ever likes this.
  2. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

I enjoy them, but I don't think there's a hint of anything original about them, which ultimately does make them a rip-off in my book.

Riff Raff and Lynch like this.
  3. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

I find nothing about these guys appealing. I take that back, the music sounds ok, but that singer is the most annoying human being I've heard on a microphone since Beyonce. I would literally rather listen to nails on a chalkboard over his horrible, screechy, Robert Plant impression. Just like Zeppelin, the singer is by far the weakest link in the band. I've tried finding some redeeming factor to these guys, but I just can't. Every song I've tried to listen to, I can't make it through more than about half of it (if that).

Greta Van Wannabe. The fact that kids are clamoring towards them makes sense, I guess. Older generations listening and saying they are as good as Zeppelin makes me scratch my head.

But, hey, to each his own.

4. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

I somewhat agree with you about the singer, @Lynch, although I can tolerate him, as long as I don't have to look at him. As I said above, I think they are OK, but it still baffles me how people and especially the music press can go so crazy over essentially a Led Zeppelin clone. If I want to listen to Led Zeppelin, I’ll listen to Led Zeppelin. As far as new music goes, there’s a lot of great new bands out there, doing their own thing and much more deserving to be heard.

5. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

Liked their album initially but it did get tiresome quick. A rip of Rush/Led Zeppelin.