Greg Johnson

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back Greg! I will be excited to hear snippets of your studio work :)

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Hey CRF Community. This time I am really back. I had another relapse in 2013. I have been clean for 7 months now. Getting back into the studio and working on an album with my wife. Looking forward to finishing the album in February sometime. I will post some songs on here from it when its done.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice to see you back, Greg, feeling clean and healthy. Looking forward to your new music.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Greg and Amanda

In my previous post I said I would have an album done in February. It is April 1st lol. That is how we musicians are with deadlines. The album is still in the works and will likely be an EP.

This album is a collaboration between me and my wife Amanda. We both sing on the album while I am playing all of the instruments including guitar, bass, mandelyn and drums. Hopefully I am improving on the drums since I am not naturally a drummer. We co-wrote the lyrics together while I wrote the music. I am really proud of what we have accomplished so far.

In some ways working on this album has helped strengthen the bond my wife and I have after we re-married. It has been an absolute blessing that I am looking forward to sharing with my beloved CRF community. I don't know if we will ever tour with this album due to the fact that our twins (boy and a girl) are six years old and we couldn't imagine being apart from them for any length of time.

Here are some descriptions of the songs.
My Cannonball-Is a hard hitting anthem type song with bluesy riffs and and a beat meant to drive to.

Burning Desire- Is a bluesy/countryish song about wanting to basically rip your significant other's clothes off lol. Definitely a baby making song.

Codependent- Is a really intimate song we wrote together. We take turns during the song expressing the emotions and reflections surrounding my addictions. It is a song we went weeks trying to get the harmonies right.'

My addictions have tried to rob me of my life, my family, and my music. Every time I thought I was out of the weeds it pulled me back in. I just have to take everyday one day at a time and keep moving forward. Fortunately I am back to what I love to do which is making music.

I hope you all like the new music I am sharing
I hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

• My Cannonball.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Burning Desire.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • Codependent.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 4

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dude, I'm not gonna lie! I've always liked your stuff but this is a whole 'nother level! Your wife has a beautiful vocal and your harmonies. Wow! Seriously, you guys should step in for the Civil Wars! :)

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Dude, I'm not gonna lie! I've always liked your stuff but this is a whole 'nother level! Your wife has a beautiful vocal and your harmonies. Wow! Seriously, you guys should step in for the Civil Wars! :)

Thanks Soot I really appreciate that. I will let Amanda know that. Yes she does have a beautiful voice.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online