Green River Ordinance

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Green River Ordinance
greenriverordinanceimage.jpg

This is a pop rock group that is in the top percentile of what they do IMO. They have a solid pop rock sound demonstrated on the only full album:

Out of My Hands
greenRiverOrdianceOutOfMyHands.jpg

They have an overall sound like a cheerier slightly more rootsy Fray! Their specialty though is the stuff I'm a sucker for. They make some of the best sweet, pop ballads in existence today. The first song that hooked me was this hit single and it's still one I could listen to a 1,000 times straight:

Endlessly
(this track is so simple yet so perfect in it's melody and pop lyricism)

What really has me hooked is the new EP that's released:

The Morning Passengers
414Y8sd7YEL.jpg

From what I read this is the group going back to it's roots and it blows the album away from what I've heard through my ears! I must have this! These songs are perfectly vocally, lyrically, emotionally and even production wise. I'm getting into this group more than when I first discovered them! :grinthumb Acoustics, emotions and acoustics I'm in Heaven! Here are three tracks I'm in love with right now:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Giving Uncertainly Certain a listen. I really like the vocals, so emotionally rich and satisfying. You said pretty much everything I would say in your OP. I haven't heard of this band until now though so you probably said it better than I could.

I'll be adding their Out Of My Hands release to my list of albums I need to purchase, for sure. This is a band I could listen to if I just need to take some stress off, at least that's what i'm getting from this song.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I figured you would like these guys especially if I got you in an Augustana mood! We seem to appreciate even the sappiest stuff just fine! Glad I'm not the only one! :heheh:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Aw man, I love the sappy stuff. It may bring me down sometimes, but it's absolutely wonderful and heart warming sometimes. :grinthumb I'll be coming back to this thread, for sure.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Bought this EP finally:

The Morning Passengers
414Y8sd7YEL.jpg

Acoustic Pop rock at it's best! :grinthumb Kind of has a country feel without being twangy and schmaltzy at all! :grinthumb

**** Three Doors Down, Matchbox 20 and The Fray! This is my idea of quality pop rock! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Some nice live performances by the band

On Your Own

10 Year Band Anniversary Radio Interview and Performances
(Songs are in 2nd and third vids)
[YTgAUEckt0xKQ][/YT]

Uncertainly Certain

Rise Up

Where The West Wind Blows (acoustic live)

Endlessly

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Endlessly was a beautiful song! I really really liked it. Lots to go through but I'll get through 'em :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
How did I miss this thread???? This music is lovely! I like what I have listened to so far very much. Thanks Sooty :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Yes, I agree MP, Endlessly is a beautiful song! I am in love with this band and their music. What a find!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm glad you like them Sunny! Endlessly is my favorite song from their first album but I've fallen for every song off of the Morning Passenders c.d.! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online