Great White (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Great White and Jack Russell End Legal Tug-of-War Over Band Name

Great-White.jpg

Source Link

Great White‘s most recent reunion ended with original singer Jack Russell out of the lineup and fighting for the right to use the band’s name — a fight that’s now ended in what looks like a rock ‘n’ roll draw.

The two sides announced an end to their pending litigation yesterday, revealing that after several days of closed-door mediation, they’ve agreed that the Russell-free version of the band can continue to tour and record as Great White, while Russell’s band will go forward as Jack Russell’s Great White.

The decision marks the end of a saga that started in March 2012, when Russell sued the rest of the band for continuing to perform as Great White after he’d “taken a leave of absence from the band for medical reasons.” Neither side appeared willing to give in, and their settlement allows things to stay more or less the same — with two Great Whites in the studio and on the road.

The split diluted the value of a band name that’s already taken a pretty solid beating over the past 20 years, with changing trends and tragedy overshadowing Great White’s latter-day output, while a series of breakups and reunions have prevented the group from establishing any kind of creative momentum. Fans hoping for a full-scale reunion may be disappointed by the terms of the settlement, but two Great Whites are better than none … right?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
R.I.P. Great White Bassist Lorne Black

Great-White.jpg

Source Link

Lorne Black, a former bassist with Great White, has died. Brave Words is reporting that he passed away on Sept. 27.

Black played on the Los Angeles hard-rock band’s first three albums: 1984′s self-titled debut, 1986′s ‘Shot in the Dark’ and 1987′s ‘Once Bitten,’ which yielded the band’s first hit single, ‘Rock Me,’ a No. 60 hit.

The bass player had left the band before it scored its only Top 10 single, a cover of Ian Hunter‘s ‘Once Bitten Twice Shy,’ which reached No. 5 in 1989.

Black was part of the group’s lineup in 1982, when it was still known as Dante Fox. They changed their name later in the year, and have continued on — with various breaks and membership changes — since then.

Former Great White singer Jack Russell issued a statement about his old bandmate. “It is with great sadness that we have been informed of the passing of Lorne Black yesterday (September 27th)! Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. Lorne was a huge part of the first incarnation of Great White! May he rest in peace.”

There are no details on the cause of death.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Sad news...I really like those first 3 albums by Great White but lost interest after that (I do have the Hooked & Elation(w/out Jack Russell) albums but neither left a big impact on me as those first 3 albums did)

rtbuck

Reaction score
I just found out Great White played in my area a couple of weeks ago! It sucks...no publicity...I had no idea they were coming otherwise I would went. I really love there first record especially their cover of the Who's "Substitute"

Fabio

Reaction score
Do they have had legal problems after the fire incident during their show years ago?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online