Gov't Mule - Dose (1998)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Gov't Mule / Dose

Dose is the second studio album released 1998 by Gov't Mule. It is a much darker record than Gov't Mule's self titled debut album. The songs "Thelonius Beck" and "Birth of the Mule" were tributes to jazz musicians Thelonious Monk and Miles Davis, respectively.

Dose.jpg

All songs by Warren Haynes unless otherwise noted.

1. "Blind Man in the Dark" - 6:47
2. "Thorazine Shuffle" (Haynes/Abts) - 6:46
3. "Thelonius Beck" - 3:33
4. "Game Face" - 7:55
5. "Towering Fool" (Haynes/Abts) - 6:22
6. "Birth of the Mule" (Haynes/Woody/Abts) - 6:41
7. "John the Revelator" (traditional) - 3:49
8. "She Said, She Said" (Lennon/McCartney) - 6:57
9. "Larger Than Life" - 5:13
10. "Raven Black Night" - 5:29
11. "I Shall Return" - 5:40

You can listen to Dose here Gov`t Mule Discography

Govt2BMule.jpg

Warren Haynes / Vocals and Guitar
Matt Abts / Drums and Percussion
Allen Woody / Bass and Mandolin

Source: Gov`t Mule

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Re: Gov't Mule / Dose

I'm a fan and have bought a few of their live shows from their web site. Very underrated in my opinion and highly recommended if you have not heard them.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I've just been exploring this band recently, I can't say too much I haven't played them enough to get a feel for them yet but anyone who played with the Allman's is fine in my book.

Another nice thread Garrett...:cheers:

Hardnecker

Reaction score

I must recommend the soundboard from Mule Tracks recorded at the Fox Theater in Boulder Colorado on February 13, 2005. The first set is 12 tracks of acoustic numbers covering artists like Van Morrison, U2 and the Stones. The second disc is electric and rocks very hard. I have played this show at parties etc with most people having never heard of Govt Mule. There was always a lot of interest and enthusiasm for this show. I wish more bands would offer their live shows in the context that Govt Mule does. Warren's singing is very soulful as is his guitar playing

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

^^I've just been exploring this band recently, I can't say too much I haven't played them enough to get a feel for them yet but anyone who played with the Allman's is fine in my book.

Another nice thread Garrett...:cheers:

Thanks!

Have you listened to The Allman Brothers 2003 `Hittin The Note`? It has a heavy Warren Haynes influence. I recently added this to my collection and I love it!

71843725880The_Allman_Brothers_Band_Hittin_The_Note_2003.jpg

1. "Firing Line" (Gregg Allman/Warren Haynes) – 5:17
2. "High Cost of Low Living" (G. Allman/W. Haynes/J. Anders/R. Burgin) – 7:52
3. "Desdemona" (G. Allman/W. Haynes) – 9:20
4. "Woman Across the River" (B. Crutcher/A. Jones) – 5:51
5. "Old Before My Time" (G. Allman/W. Haynes) – 5:23
6. "Who to Believe" (W. Haynes/J. Jaworowicz) – 5:38
7. "Maydell" (W. Haynes/Johnny Neel) – 4:35
8. "Rockin' Horse" (G. Allman/W. Haynes/Allen Woody/Jack Pearson) – 7:23
9. "Heart of Stone" (M. Jagger/K. Richards) – 5:06
10. "Instrumental Illness" (W. Haynes/Oteil Burbridge) – 12:17
11. "Old Friend" (W. Haynes/C. Anderson) – 6:12

Gregg Allman / Hammond B-3 Organ, Piano, Clavinet & Lead Vocals
Butch Trucks / Drums
Jai Johanny Johanson / Drums
Warren Haynes / Lead, Slide, Acoustic, & Acoustic Slide Guitars , Lead & Background Vocals
Marc Quiñones / Congas & Percussion
Oteil Burbridge / Bass
Derek Trucks / Lead, Slide, & Acoustic Slide Guitars

Allman Brothers

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I must recommend the soundboard from Mule Tracks recorded at the Fox Theater in Boulder Colorado on February 13, 2005. The first set is 12 tracks of acoustic numbers covering artists like Van Morrison, U2 and the Stones. The second disc is electric and rocks very hard. I have played this show at parties etc with most people having never heard of Govt Mule. There was always a lot of interest and enthusiasm for this show. I wish more bands would offer their live shows in the context that Govt Mule does. Warren's singing is very soulful as is his guitar playing

Official soundboard recording or bootleg Hardnecker? Either way I have never seen that one in my travels.

Sorry Garrett, I've never listened to any of the recent Allman Brothers recordings...my library stops way back in the early 70's...:peek

Hardnecker

Reaction score

LG, Mule Tracks is the bands site offering their live recordings for sale as downloads. They are available as MP3's lossy or FLAC lossless. I have bought three shows and the quality is outstanding. All you need is FLAC decoder to convert the FLAC files into waves. I don't do mp3's so I can't help you there. To answer your question, official. Hope this isn't a no no. Mule Tracks Winter '05 | Shop the Mule Tracks Official Store

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I am familiar with all the lossless formats and what to do with them Hardnecker.;)

Thanks for the info and the link.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online