Register to remove these ads

Gordon Holt Died

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by taha, Oct 6, 2009.

1. taha

taha Senior Member

Gordon Holt died, an icon for music listeners everywhere.:wa:

2. Flower

Flower retired

3. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

R.I.P J. Gordon Holt

[​IMG]

I would highly recommend this book to anyone before they attemp to review any audio. This is the most comprehesive book on audio ever published.

His passing is truly a loss. I wish I would have had the chance to meet him and shake his hand. I feel he would be a strong proponent of High bit rate audio formats and totally against the loss of hifi by means of I-tunes. :D

4. LG

LG Fade To Black

Definitely one of the giants in the audiophile field, and we are losing much of the best audio equipment nowadays all in pursuit of portability and sheer quantity of music, no matter how poor the quality. Anyone that thinks any docking station can compete with a modest stereo system is certifiable in my opinion, same goes for that ridiculous Bose mini CD changer, all done with shaping and delay circuitry to fill the room with sound...makes me laugh everything I see it on TV, and the price,,,holy crap what a gigantic rip off.

Sorry back on topic, Gordon Holt will be missed.

5. Craig in Indy

Craig in Indy Your cool Uncle

Yes, it was a sad, sad day, though he had recently become very jaded and downbeat about the audio industry in general, so in some ways you could make the case that he's happier now.

6. Hepcat

Hepcat retired

It's been said that Gordon Holt was one of the first to review affordable stereo gear favourably.

But part of the sadness we feel when we read about fellows such as Gordon Holt passing away is because they represent a link to bygone eras that we sorely miss. In Gordon Holt's case it was to an era when mom and pop stereo shops were common and young fellows listened to the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull and Pink Floyd on stereo equipment that they'd carefully selected and treasured instead of just booming hiphop out as loudly as possible from units taking up the entire trunk of their rice rockets. We were of course all younger then....

:wa:

7. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

WHAAAaaaaaaa! You mean you dont like to "bump" in your vehicle? lol

rice rocket made me ROFLMAO

8. taha

taha Senior Member

com'on !! you don't like the sound of vibrating sheet metal :tongue: