Golden Smog

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Golden Smog is a loosely connected group of musicians (arguably a supergroup) comprised, at various times, of members of Soul Asylum, The Replacements, Wilco, The Jayhawks, Run Westy Run, The Honeydogs and Big Star. Golden Smog's lineup has often changed, but relative constants who appear on all the recordings are guitarists Kraig Johnson (Run Westy Run), Dan Murphy (Soul Asylum) and Gary Louris (The Jayhawks), along with bassist Marc Perlman (The Jayhawks).

The group took their name from the name of a Flintstones character, which, in turn, was a parody of singer Mel Tormé's nickname (The Velvet Fog).

MattB

Reaction score
I just stumbled across the gem "Down By the Old Mainstream" at the library yesterday. I was thinking what could be better than Tweedy and Louris together? I was not disappointed. I've listened to it around 10 times in the last two days. It is really great and would recommend it to anyone. Some really great songs on here. "Ill Fated","Walk Where He Walked",and "Radio King" are my favorites but not really a bad song on the album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online