Rinus Gerritsen
Cesar Zuiderwijk

Studio albums
Just Earrings (1965)
Winter-Harvest (1966)
Miracle Mirror (1967)
On the Double (double album) (1968)
Eight Miles High (1969)
Golden Earring (aka Wall of Dolls) (1970)
Seven Tears (1971)
Together (1972)
Moontan (1973)
Switch (1975)
To the Hilt (1976)
Contraband (1976, titled Mad Love with different cover art and alternate track listing in the USA)
Grab It for a Second (1978)
No Promises...No Debts (1979)
Prisoner of the Night (1980)
Cut (1982)
N.E.W.S. (1984)
The Hole (1986)
Keeper of the Flame (1989)
Bloody Buccaneers (1991)
Face It (1994, partially acoustic)
Love Sweat (1995, cover album)
Paradise in Distress (1999)
Millbrook U.S.A. (2003)
Tits 'n Ass (2012)​

Golden Earring is a rock band from the Netherlands under the name Golden Earrings. Their first #1 hit was a pop song in the Netherlands, for they had originally started as a pop rock band. They later dropped the 's' from their name in 1969, dropped the pop side of their sound and made it big internationally in the 70's for a short time after the release of Radar Love. Both Kiss and Aerosmith were opening bands for Golden Earring in the early 70's. Throughout the years, they continued to have success back home in the Netherlands, with some international success.

1984 was the last time they toured North America and they have yet to hit Asia, Australia and South America.

lol @ Dong Dong Diki Diki Dong. That was their first hit when they were still a pop rock band.

These guys are underrated.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Re: Golden Earring

Immediately I thought of Radar Love lol. My first introduction to this band came via a greatest hits CD my dad had bought about a year or so ago. Radar Love and Twilight Zone stood out the most to me, such powerful, fast-paced songs.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice thread Foxy, I am glad someone likes this band besides me. My first exposure to GE was "Radar Love", I bought the 45 rpm single when it came out, after hearing it on the radio I just "Had" to have it.:D

I saw them when they toured in support of "Cut", which is my favorite album. I only have 4 or 5 I will have to check to be sure. They put on a great show, one of the best bass guitar solos I have ever seen, and the videos they showed during "Twilight Zone" were great. I remember Kooyman's saying they couldn't get the European videos approved for North America's music channels but we got to see the originals.

Here's one of my favorite tracks off of Cut, "Lost & Found".

Reaction score

I only know Twilight Zone and Radar Love... both are great songs, but I am very, very bored of both... they are played to death on the radio, and I like them, but not enough to pursue the band much further than what is on the radio:D

I never did know if the song was called "Twilight Zone" or "When The Bullet Hits The Bone" or "Twilight Zone (When the Bullet Hits the Bone)"... I could never figure it out:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I don't usually allow the amount of radio airplay to extinguish my enjoyment of a song. The only example I can think of is "Stairway To Heaven", but now that I haven't listened to FM radio for ages, I could probably enjoy hearing it again the next time I play IV. Twilight Zone is a really good song before playing football, gets me in the mood everytime.

Reaction score

I don't usually allow the amount of radio airplay to extinguish my enjoyment of a song. The only example I can think of is "Stairway To Heaven", but now that I haven't listened to FM radio for ages, I could probably enjoy hearing it again the next time I play IV. Twilight Zone is a really good song before playing football, gets me in the mood everytime.

:heheh:

FM radio, satellite radio... everything... basically look at Rolling stone's Top 100 list and I'm sick to death of all of them... that is all XM radio plays, and I've only been listening to FM late at night, which is a little better, they branch out more, but the station i listen to plays the same damn songs over and over:heheh:

Stairway, Hotel California, Satisfaction, and the rest of them....:bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have so much music of my own EB, that I barely even want to listen to the Youtube vids people post in a forum...:D But I do so to keep up with new bands or before I make a comment.

I listen to my music on my Big system, the way it was intended to be heard, and right now I don't even have my tuner connected.:rock:

Reaction score

I listen to my records mostly, a good amount on the computer... but in the car I get sick of CD's, which are usually my burned CD's pretty low quality, but they get the job done:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

...My burned CD's are PERFECT, they are as good as the original. You know I never wanted a CD player in my car, the old cassettes were good enough for me, and considering the background noise the quality was more than good enough. Now if I do get a new vehicle, I want an SD or USB slot on the deck, and FLAC/WAV capability, that would be perfect.:D

Reaction score

...My burned CD's are PERFECT, they are as good as the original. You know I never wanted a CD player in my car, the old cassettes were good enough for me, and considering the background noise the quality was more than good enough. Now if I do get a new vehicle, I want an SD or USB slot on the deck, and FLAC/WAV capability, that would be perfect.:D

:heheh:
cassettes are too much of a hassle, skipping tracks is a pain, ripping songs to the cassettes is a pain to do too

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online